If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SAMSUNG UE55MU6100

Options
  • 13-01-2019 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭

Hi, i I have this purchased from ye over 1 year back, 

Only now am i trying to tune in the dish as i was using netflix for the year. 

I know there is sufficient signal in the wire, 
    I plug it into ANT IN and do a scan terrestrial and digital and analogue.

I tried all the different settings and no joy. 

Can ye tell if something is amis? 

Thanks 
    bill 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

B-D-P-- wrote: »
    Hi, i I have this purchased from ye over 1 year back, 

Only now am i trying to tune in the dish as i was using netflix for the year. 

I know there is sufficient signal in the wire, 
    I plug it into ANT IN and do a scan terrestrial and digital and analogue.

I tried all the different settings and no joy. 

Can ye tell if something is amis? 

Thanks 
    bill 
    Hi Bill,

I've just had a check on Samsung's website and this TV only has a Terrestrial aerial (DVB-T2C), you would need to use a terrestrial aerial to get channels on that TV.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Ohh, so it cannot pick up fta English channels? 

Will it pick the Irish channels? 

Sorry I'm dunce with these 

Hey B-D-P--

Yip, you will pick up the Irish Saorivew stations but not the UK freeview stations.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hey B-D-P--

Yip, you will pick up the Irish Saorivew stations but not the UK freeview stations.
    Not strictly true,

The UE55MU6100 has Freeview AND Saorview tuners built in which means that it will pick up both Saorview and Freeview - ie ROI and UK channels - the restricting factor is where you are based - ie if for instance you are in Dublin then Freeview UK broadcasts will not be received in the Dublin area and thus your TV will not receive any UN channels - if you are based in one of the border counties than it is possible that you will be able to tune in both UK and ROI channels due to Broadcast over-spill - however this is unusual!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭B-D-P--

Hey B-D-P--

Not strictly true,

The UE55MU6100 has Freeview AND Saorview tuners built in which means that it will pick up both Saorview and Freeview - ie ROI and UK channels - the restricting factor is where you are based - ie if for instance you are in Dublin then Freeview UK broadcasts will not be received in the Dublin area and thus your TV will not receive any UN channels - if you are based in one of the border counties than it is possible that you will be able to tune in both UK and ROI channels due to Broadcast over-spill - however this is unusual!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   
    Based in Mayo,
    So Irish channels it is... 

• Advertisement

Hey B-D-P--

Not strictly true,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   
    Based in Mayo,
    So Irish channels it is... 
    Hi B-D-P--

No problem at all.

Let us know if we can help in any way in future.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.