Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

attic conversion in dormer.

• 13-01-2019 5:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

My mother inlaws house was built in the boom with 2 bedroom downstairs which suited her needs. Its an unfinished dormer bungalow with 2 other bedrooms, 1 bathroom hall which was on the original plans.

Seeing as this house was built during the boom, where does it sit in partL regs when finishing off upstairs. Will it need all the air tight membrane, tape etc.. along with high insulation spec etc..

We will be starting works in june this year along with building a garage however we would need to know the regs for this before we start pricing materials/labor.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Irrespective of current regs, why would you not want to insulate to current standards and reduce air leakage as much as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

kceire wrote: »
    Irrespective of current regs, why would you not want to insulate to current standards and reduce air leakage as much as possible.

I will do it but wanting to know does this fall under the regs as in having to be done.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

kingbhome wrote: »
    I will do it but wanting to know does this fall under the regs as in having to be done.

I suooose it depends on when the commencement notice was lodged. You could argue that it’s under the older regs as the CN was lodged back then.

But you could then argue that the works are taking pace now so they must comply with current regs.

Id tender for the current regs personally.

Advertisement