Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Broadband connection possible?

• 13-01-2019 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I get 4Mbit ADSL and my house is marked on national broadband rollout plan so unlikely I will see better speeds for quite some time.  In meanwhile can Eir provide an 2nd broadband connect to a rural house?  I would use one connection for my home office (I work from home) and the 2nd for my family.  Currently struggling to work as my kids using up the bandwidth.  

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Hello,

I get 4Mbit ADSL and my house is marked on national broadband rollout plan so unlikely I will see better speeds for quite some time.  In meanwhile can Eir provide an 2nd broadband connect to a rural house?  I would use one connection for my home office (I work from home) and the 2nd for my family.  Currently struggling to work as my kids using up the bandwidth.  

Thanks
    Hi there BailMeOut,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have 2 connections going to the one household. However, you could try WiFi boosters which would boost the signal. Alternatively, the best option may be to get mobile broadband for use in your office. For more information on our mobile broadband currently on offer please click here where you will find everything for these packages.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

BailMeOut wrote: »
    Hello,

Thanks
    Hi there BailMeOut,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to have 2 connections going to the one household. However, you could try WiFi boosters which would boost the signal. Alternatively, the best option may be to get mobile broadband for use in your office. For more information on our mobile broadband currently on offer please click here where you will find everything for these packages.

~Kellie
    Thanks Kellie

My primary connection is with Vodafone if that matters?

A Wifi booster is not going to help with bandwidth so not sure why you'd suggest that!

I guess a 4G solution could work and will check out options.  Thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

One way would be to set up a business account for a new line and then keep your residential line but that's if Openeir would even install a new line (cost dependent). Residential properties cannot have multiple lines but opening a business account seperates the connection 
    But that would only work if you are a registered company!

Advertisement