Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LPT when buying

• 13-01-2019 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

When/how is LPT paid when buying a new build house? Do you Pay the full amount or partial? It's the one facet of the process I can't seem to find much about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

New and previously unused properties purchased from a builder or developer between 1 January 2013 and 31 October 2019 are exempt until the end of 2019 (even if sold again in that period).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Wheety wrote: »
    New and previously unused properties purchased from a builder or developer between 1 January 2013 and 31 October 2019 are exempt until the end of 2019 (even if sold again in that period).

What about existing properties? I'm in the middle of buying, sale to complete next month...when do I need to pay LPT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

368100 wrote: »
    What about existing properties? I'm in the middle of buying, sale to complete next month...when do I need to pay LPT?

In an existing property, I'm pretty sure the vendor has to pay LPT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Wheety wrote: »
    In an existing property, I'm pretty sure the vendor has to pay LPT.

Do you mean for 2019? So I wouldnt be liable to pay until January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Your Solicitor will know about this. I sold a property in 2018 and had to pay LPT up to a certain date & provide a receipt to the purchasers Solicitor as evidence. Unfortunately I can't remember to what date I had to prepay.

It is definitely something your Solicitor will attend to and when you do register you can pay monthly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement