Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Big Brother (USA) 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,509 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

"Interesting" is the right word alright. Lots of reality stars, and at least two anti-Trumpers.

Hopefully it's good, though. Don't know enough about any of them to gauge whether or not they will be good players.

Will Anthony Scaramucci last longer than he did in the White House? :D

Anthony Scaramucci — Former White House director of communications/financier
    Jonathan Bennett — Actor/Producer
    Tamar Braxton — Singer/TV Personality
    Kandi Burruss — Singer/TV Personality
    Tom Green — Comedian
    Lolo Jones — Olympic track and bobsled star
    Kato Kaelin — Actor/Host
    Joey Lawrence — Actor/Producer
    Ryan Lochte — 12-time Olympic medalist in swimming
    Dina Lohan — Momager
    Natalie Eva Marie — Former WWE wrestler/actress
    Ricky Williams — Former NFL superstar

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I know Joey Lawrence and Tom Green, and Jonathan Bennett (but only from Mean Girls), but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭NSAman

If it is anything like everything else on CBS, you wont even notice it.

First Impressions after the Premiere:

Anthony Scaramucci — He's already incredibly grating.
    Jonathan Bennett — Definitely one of the more likable ones at the moment.
    Tamar Braxton — Her facial reactions and diary room interviews are fantastic, she's one of the best so far.
    Kandi Burruss — If she wasn't a potential nemesis for Tamar, she didn't offer much.
    Tom Green — His reaction to Tamar eating the grapes was the highlight of the show. Forgot how much I loved Tom Green. "Would you like a sandwich?"
    Lolo Jones — What's the whole virgin thing about? Is that something she's known for?
    Kato Kaelin — Meh.
    Joey Lawrence — Whoa! What do you mean you won't say your catchphrase? Not cool man.
    Ryan Lochte — Stupid and arrogant, what an awful combination.
    Dina Lohan — Brought nothing to the table.
    Natalie Eva Marie — Surprised she didn't get picked for the comp, and we saw very little, but she's probably my favourite to win the whole thing.
    Ricky Williams — Usually can't stand NFL players on Reality Shows, but he seems pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

I forgot OJ witness guy's name instantly.
    Tom Green was always funny so it's cool to see him again, and he's still funny.
    Tamar annoys the life out of me with all the over exaggerated facial expressions.
    The rest I found a bit bleh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ok lads , fess up , how and where and when can we watch this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ok lads , fess up , how and where and when can we watch this ?

Mam I found it on YouTube, I won't attempt to embed it from mobile because that never works for me
    https://youtu.be/H0G4DsnpR4g

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks Skipper , will watch it later , see if my opinion of the ones I recognise will change or not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

First Impressions after the Premiere:

Agree with most of that. Found myself a little disinterested but I think I have the same reaction for every seasons opening episode.

• Advertisement

Yep, three episodes in and I'm back on board. Just like last year these celebs are playing surprisingly hard. A good mix of fans and those new to the game always makes things interesting. Add in a sprinkle of celeb ego and you have potential for a great condensed season like last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Joey addicted to botox, how much has he had?

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Yep, three episodes in and I'm back on board. Just like last year these celebs are playing surprisingly hard. A good mix of fans and those new to the game always makes things interesting. Add in a sprinkle of celeb ego and you have potential for a great condensed season like last year.

Is there many fans though? I know they all got shown the first couple of episodes of last year's Celebrity Big Brother while in sequester before the game, but I don't think many of them are that familiar with the show. Tamar is a proper fan, and I know Tom has seen at least a few seasons based on some things he said in pre-seaon interviews. Jonathan has probably seen a couple of seasons as well, just because he seems to have a decent knowledge of the game, and I think Natalie Eva Marie said Evil Dick was her favourite player during interviews so she may also have seen quite a few seasons, but as for the rest of them I don't think they have much knowledge of the game. Compared to last year, where Marissa, Ross, Shannon, and I think Mark as well if I remember correctly, were clearly superfans of the show and had seemed to have seen every single season.

I am enjoying this year's bunch though and look forward to seeing how it plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

is it not showing on sky at all, I am watching I am a celebrity Australian, it is very good, Paul Burrell is on there and he is spilling a lot of beans about the Royals, screaming at ants again, it is hilarious, and there is also Vicky, love it more that the English version

What in the name of God was that?

If it was preplanned from long ago it was a terrible idea and very deceitful.

If it was some hastily rushed last minute opportunity then it was a poor idea and a little deceitful.

If it was just a cover up it was again a terrible idea and just plain embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭pooch90

Are you talking about the Scaramucci thing? So random. I'd say he quit and they tried to spin it into something else.
    I'm enjoying it so far.
    Tamar and Kato are just rubbish housemates. Her accusing him of sexism was just pathetic.
    Think Ricky, Tom and Joey are probably decent people. Kandi seems ok too.

Yeah, the Scaramucci twist. It was such a stupid attempt at covering up a quit I think it wasn't what happened. Not sure what Big Brother gain by not being transparent about him wanting to leave. Who knows.

House is very volatile this season, mainly because of lolo. House guests have been asked to keep things more civil. You wouldn't get that on civilian big brother.

I had fallen off with this around episode 5, so I just spent the last 20 minutes watching the "previously" segments and flicking through the finale.
    I don't think I missed much. :o

I think the most interesting characters went out early and left the annoying/boring ones in the house.

The favourite house guest was probably a coin toss between Kato and Tom. I'm just glad one of them won it.

The first celeb season was better.

I'm looking forward to 'proper' big brother in the Summer.

Advertisement