Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remove Payee from online banking

Options
  • 13-01-2019 11:37pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The subject is pretty clear, I've spent a good few minutes looking in all directions here and on the web site, and the information is confusing and it would seem wrong. 

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057528766

This was posted on 27/11/2015

The Mobile Banking App has some exciting new features in its latest release!

The one big thing you couldn’t do on the old app was manage your payees. But now you can set up, activate and delete payees from your smart phone – making it easier for you to organise your payments.

Some great new features on the latest release of our Mobile App includes:

·        Add payees or bills using your smartphone (we’re the first Irish Bank to offer this).
    ·        Display and share BIC and IBAN.
    ·        Enjoy higher qu
    ality images on devices such as the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6
    ·        Bug fixes make the app easier and more enjoyable to use

Please see here for more details on the update.

As quoted, I came across this message that says the online application has been updated to allow new features, including delete payees, but the link is broken, and I can find nowhere online through either the web browser or on the smart phone app that will allow me to maintain my list of payees. Is it really that hard to allow the customer to have control over their information on line? I am guessing that at some stage since November 2015, the app has been downgraded to remove that functionality so that the user can't now remove payees. I can't see any valid reason for preventing the user from being able to maintain the data that's relevant to them.

The cynic in me wonders if it wasn't working correctly, so it was easier to remove the function that to fix it, given the problems that seem to plague the on line banking operation on an ongoing basis. 

So, the simple question. How do I delete a payee that's no longer relevant and will never again be used?

Thanks

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Manage accounts - manage payee - chose whatever you want to delete - hit delete.

On the app click on more - manage payees - hold the hold you want and it'll give you more options.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Thanks for that, would you believe that nowhere in the help or on the main web site is that nugget of information provided.

Absolutely not surprised. The app is completely outdated and horrible to use. Sad that Irish banking is such a mess.

Indeed. I've given up looking for things like proper real time updating, the underlying problems are way too deep for them to do anything other than move to a completely new system, and the problems involved in doing that will be massive, but given how much of their present system is still tied to the old mainframe batch processing routines, any other route other than a total migration is doomed to fail.

BOI is dead in the water in terms of online banking or any future upgrades to the current system. It's throwing money into a black hole really. As you said, they need to completely change their system which will require huge investment, which just isn't going to happen. If I didn't currently have free banking, I certainly wouldn't be paying for the derived currently provided by BOI.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

The subject is pretty clear, I've spent a good few minutes looking in all directions here and on the web site, and the information is confusing and it would seem wrong.

https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057528766

This was posted on 27/11/2015

The Mobile Banking App has some exciting new features in its latest release!

The one big thing you couldn’t do on the old app was manage your payees. But now you can set up, activate and delete payees from your smart phone – making it easier for you to organise your payments.

Some great new features on the latest release of our Mobile App includes:

· Add payees or bills using your smartphone (we’re the first Irish Bank to offer this).
    · Display and share BIC and IBAN.
    · Enjoy higher qu
    ality images on devices such as the iPhone 6 and Galaxy S6
    · Bug fixes make the app easier and more enjoyable to use

Please see here for more details on the update.

As quoted, I came across this message that says the online application has been updated to allow new features, including delete payees, but the link is broken, and I can find nowhere online through either the web browser or on the smart phone app that will allow me to maintain my list of payees. Is it really that hard to allow the customer to have control over their information on line? I am guessing that at some stage since November 2015, the app has been downgraded to remove that functionality so that the user can't now remove payees. I can't see any valid reason for preventing the user from being able to maintain the data that's relevant to them.

The cynic in me wonders if it wasn't working correctly, so it was easier to remove the function that to fix it, given the problems that seem to plague the on line banking operation on an ongoing basis.

So, the simple question. How do I delete a payee that's no longer relevant and will never again be used?

Thanks

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here. Rossieman would be correct. All you need to do is log in on the full 365 website then select "Manage Accounts" then "Manage Payees" and once in that section select the Payee in question and you'll be given an option on the bottom of the page to delete the payee.
    If you are using the Mobile app you can also do this by selecting the "More" tab on the bottom of the screen then selecting "Manage Payees" and when selecting a payee in this section you'll also be given an option to delete it.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Darren,

Thanks for the update, can I suggest that someone needs to take a close look at the help system, and update it to make it a lot easier to find out how to do things like this, I spent quite some time trying (and failing) to find the way to deal with this.

Slightly disappointing but not unexpected is that it's not possible to edit any of the information about a payee, so if there's anything wrong, such as a typo, which is fairly common on smart phone keyboards, the only way to deal with that and keep things tidy would be to create a new payee, and then delete the old information, which while a way round it, it's not exactly user friendly.

Darren,

Thanks for the update, can I suggest that someone needs to take a close look at the help system, and update it to make it a lot easier to find out how to do things like this, I spent quite some time trying (and failing) to find the way to deal with this.

Slightly disappointing but not unexpected is that it's not possible to edit any of the information about a payee, so if there's anything wrong, such as a typo, which is fairly common on smart phone keyboards, the only way to deal with that and keep things tidy would be to create a new payee, and then delete the old information, which while a way round it, it's not exactly user friendly.

Thanks for that Irish Steve, I'll certainly pass on the feedback and ask for our help centre to be updated with this information.
    Also you can edit a once off reference on any existing payees and when adding a new payee either on the mobile app or the full website you are asked to confirm the details that you have entered before completing the process.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

RossieMan wrote: »
    BOI is dead in the water in terms of online banking or any future upgrades to the current system. It's throwing money into a black hole really. As you said, they need to completely change their system which will require huge investment, which just isn't going to happen. If I didn't currently have free banking, I certainly wouldn't be paying for the derived currently provided by BOI.

Hi Rossieman,

Thanks for the message and we're happy to say that in 2019 we're working towards implementing faster and more efficient technology in order to update both our systems and products.
    Any information on these improvements will be updates on our main website and our social media channels.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.  

Advertisement