Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommendation for a decent night out this friday

Options
  • 14-01-2019 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

hi folks

My wife and i will be in the big schmoke for a night this coming friday (25th Jan). As a music fan (indie, folky all sorts) I was hoping to catch a decent gig but I havent spotted anything we'd like. I'm too late to book whats on in the Gaeity, doesnt seem to be anything on in the olympia that night. I dont have any interest in seeing calandar girls in the bord gais.

any recommendations on a decent show that might be on this coming friday? failing that, what recommendations for a decent night out in the city centre, what pubs/night clubs for a pair of 40yr olds on the rip.

thanks

(+ sorry..im sure this thread is probably posting a million times before)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Have a look see if there are any gigs on in Whelans, if not its always good for a bit of music and a few pints

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭jackrussell007

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Have a look see if there are any gigs on in Whelans, if not its always good for a bit of music and a few pints

had a look at who was playing there alright but dont thing they're my kind of thing, might take your advice for heading that way regardless.

also checked out who was on in helix, button factory, sugar club, grand social and a few more..

i think we'll just go for a wander and a bit of a pub crawl,

thanks for the suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Ben Howard at the Point.

Not a great venue but a great musician.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Have you checked the Grand Social listings? Or the Workmans?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

The Stella in Rathmines might be a good place to start, on into The Bowery or even down to the Bernard Shaw. Maybe even all 3. Go mad sure.

Advertisement