Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best area to live in Kildare town?

Options
  • 14-01-2019 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,
    We are planning to buy a house in Kildare town but we dont really know much about what areas are good and not so good to live there.
    We are interested in 3 houses in 3 different areas:
    In Curragh Finn, Coolaghknock and Oaktree Tully rd.

Any if you have any advise in regards of any of the areas?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

All good areas, however my preference would be:

1. Oak tree - 'A' rated houses
    2. Curragh Finn - right beside the train station
    3. Coolaghknock

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Dininab

NedNew2 wrote: »
    All good areas, however my preference would be:

1. Oak tree - 'A' rated houses
    2. Curragh Finn - right beside the train station
    3. Coolaghknock

Thank you! I have heard that the Chilling Factory smell can go to Oak tree when is windy... :)

Would you say Curragh finn is a nice/safe area to live? We are leaning towards that one as the house is beautiful, we just dont know too much about the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭NedNew2

Dininab wrote: »
    Thank you! I have heard that the Chilling Factory smell can go to Oak tree when is windy... :)

Would you say Curragh finn is a nice/safe area to live? We are leaning towards that one as the house is beautiful, we just dont know too much about the area...

The smell from there is bad but it very rarely would reach Oaktree as it needs an easterly wind to do that.

I don't know much about Curragh Finn, maybe another poster can help with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

Dininab wrote: »

Been in Curragh Finn since they were built, good design and no structural/build/plumb/electrical issues for me. Love living here Very quiet estate during week, weekends and summer kids/folks seems to move about a lot more, quiet re traffic and there's no scope for expsnsion/further development in estate, although across main road will be built upon in years to come. Handy stroll to town, train station and no bother getting onto m7.

You seem to be happy with the physical house all I'd say is wander in a few different times of day and it will give you a feel for the place then

Advertisement