Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Note

Options
  • 14-01-2019 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Can someone please, for the love of god tell me where to add a travel note to my account online? 

Why is BOI still so antiquated? 

I put one on my account before but now the option is gone. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Euripides_ wrote: »
    Can someone please, for the love of god tell me where to add a travel note to my account online? 

Hi Euripides,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    There would be no longer any need to place travel notice on your account. All we'd ask is that you make sure that your mobile phone number is up to date before traveling in case our card security need to contact you for any reason.
    You can check and if needs be change this number through the "Amend my mobile phone number for security codes" section within the "Manage Accounts" tab of your 365 online profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Hi Euripides,

There would be no longer any need to place travel notice on your account. All we'd ask is that you make sure that your mobile phone number is up to date before traveling in case our card security need to contact you for any reason.
    You can check and if needs be change this number through the "Amend my mobile phone number for security codes" section within the "Manage Accounts" tab of your 365 online profile.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    I travel quite often to remote locations. 

And to be perfectly honest with you, if i'm travelling or on holidays I do NOT want to talk to Bank of Ireland or spend time finding coverage so I can talk to Bank of Ireland. 

Is this official confirmation that you cannot add a travel note to your account, and need a phone while travelling to access my funds abroad? 

Hi Euripides,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

And to be perfectly honest with you, if i'm travelling or on holidays I do NOT want to talk to Bank of Ireland or spend time finding coverage so I can talk to Bank of Ireland. 

Is this official confirmation that you cannot add a travel note to your account, and need a phone while travelling to access my funds abroad? 

Thanks for coming back to us Euripides.
    I can confirm that you can no longer give travel notice on your account as there is no need. You would only be contacted by our card security team if a transaction is flagged by them. Also they would send an email as well as a text message that you can reply to if needs be.
    If you raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile the advisers there will be more than happy to confirm that we have the correct email address for you registered on this account.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Hi Euripides,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

I can confirm that you can no longer give travel notice on your account as there is no need. You would only be contacted by our card security team if a transaction is flagged by them. Also they would send an email as well as a text message that you can reply to if needs be.
    If you raise this through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile the advisers there will be more than happy to confirm that we have the correct email address for you registered on this account.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Cheers for confirming this. 

Seeing as my account tends to get flagged every single time I get on a plane, and I can't really access email while hiking this is probably what I needed to know before I jump ship to another bank. 

Thanks again. 

Hi Euripides,

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Cheers for confirming this. 

Seeing as my account tends to get flagged every single time I get on a plane, and I can't really access email while hiking this is probably what I needed to know before I jump ship to another bank. 

Thanks again. 

Sorry that you feel this way and please be assured that all feedback that we receive through boards is passed on to the relevant teams. Please be aware that this process is in place just to protect the security of your account.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Advertisement
Advertisement