Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get 4G in Dublin. PAYG

• 14-01-2019 10:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    For the last few weeks I can't get 4G in Dublin. I'm only getting 'H' coverage.
    I tried taking out SIM and placing it back and rebooting but no luck.
    I'm on a €20 pm 20gb data deal.

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

califano wrote: »
    Hi,

Any help appreciated
    Hi there califano,

I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the 4G network.

Have you tried putting your SIM into a different handset? This will allow us to determine whether it is a SIM issue or handset issue.

How old is your SIM? Sometimes it could be that the SIM is old and may just need replacing.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Hi,

Any help appreciated
    Hi there califano,

Have you tried putting your SIM into a different handset? This will allow us to determine whether it is a SIM issue or handset issue.

How old is your SIM? Sometimes it could be that the SIM is old and may just need replacing.

~Kellie
    Thanks for the reply, its a Meteor branded SIM rather than Eir so a couple years old. My phone is Android 7.0 with no more updates so not sure if this is the issue.
    Because I have tried the SIM in a a different phone on latest android firmware Samsung S9 and still no 4G coverage from that so maybe it is the old SIM thats the issue. What should I do to get a new sim just go into a store or can I order one online?. 

Hi,

Any help appreciated
    Hi there califano,

~Kellie
    Thanks for the reply, its a Meteor branded SIM rather than Eir so a couple years old. My phone is Android 7.0 with no more updates so not sure if this is the issue.
    Because I have tried the SIM in a a different phone on latest android firmware Samsung S9 and still no 4G coverage from that so maybe it is the old SIM thats the issue. What should I do to get a new sim just go into a store or can I order one online?. 
    Hi there califano,

This could be due to the older SIM. If you pop in store, they should be able to provide you with a new SIM and keep the same number on it. 

Alternatively, you could order a new SIM online this would take longer than getting one from the store. You would then need to either go in store or call our Customer Care department on 1901 and they will be able to assist you further with swapping over your number to the new SIM.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Great thanks

Great thanks
    No probelm califano.

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement