Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching to Sim Only

• 14-01-2019 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

I have recently come to the end of my contract and would like to switch over to one of the sim only plans. the person on chat told me I had to call through but after waiting to get through to someone for over 20 minutes on Friday I could not stay on the line any longer.  I noticed a couple of people had some luck switching through this boards page. 

Is this possible or is there a time when there is less of a wait to speak to someone to get this done. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

zedhead wrote: »
    I have recently come to the end of my contract and would like to switch over to one of the sim only plans. the person on chat told me I had to call through but after waiting to get through to someone for over 20 minutes on Friday I could not stay on the line any longer.  I noticed a couple of people had some luck switching through this boards page. 

Is this possible or is there a time when there is less of a wait to speak to someone to get this done. 

Thanks
    Hi zedhead.

I would be happy to help you with this.

Please PM the following account details.

Account number,
    Name on the account,
    Address,
    Date of birth,
    Mobile number.

Thank you.
    -Ahren.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭zedhead

PM Sent

PM Sent
    Hi zedhead.

I have received your PM and will respond shortly.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

30 minutes on hold this morning with the loyalty team. Funnily enough someone answered the sales line within the first ring (which I was advised to call to process this) but there does not seem to be anyone manning the loyalty team (who I had to be transferred to). 

My request should be very simple and it is beyond infuriating to be paying over the odds for a service that cannot provide basic customer care. 

I tried again today. Called the number the eir agent advised in his message and got through to sales. They said I had to be transferred to loyalty - after a 45 minute wait I speak to someone to be told Ive been transferred to the wrong department for what I want to do. He transfers me again and a further 25 minutes later I speak to someone who tells me once again I have been transferred to the wrong department. 

She tells me I am quicker to order a new sim online. I explain i don't want a new sim and that my partner has be transferred recently with no fuss to a similar 'new customer only' sim only plan without the need for a new sim but this agent advises this is the only way.

So after, 1 hour 10 minutes on hold today, 27 minutes on hold yesterday, 25 minutes on hold on Friday, a very unhelpful web chat on Friday I have had absolutely no help at all on my query. 

Can you please tell me why if I have an eir sim, do I need a new sim to switch plans. My partner has done this multiple times with Eir and never needed a new sim. 
    Also when I explained in this thread and in my DM to the boards agent what I wanted to do, why was i given a sales number when they clearly can't help me and why wasn't i advised of what the actual process is instead of just punting me off to someone else (which seems everyone i have any contact with in Eir has done). 

What is the point in having a team with the ridiculous name 'Loyalty' when they treat their customers like this - you are clearly not encouraging any sort of loyalty to your existing customers. 

What is being done to combat the ridiculous long wait times to speak to someone? If you look on twitter on here it is full of people who just can't seem to actually get any help.

• Advertisement

Almost a week with no response. No luck speaking to anyone in Customer Care either.

I spoke to someone in store who said my request to switch to the Sim Only plan is easy to do and does not require a new Sim. they just could not do it for me. I need to get an answer on this?

Can one of the Eir Reps please respond. 

Finally after almost 2 weeks of trying I got to speak to someone on your Loyalty team this afternoon and got my request sorted. Was given a direct line to the loyalty team that actually worked. Had this number been given to me on my first query the issue would have been resolved a lot sooner. Instead I was fed a lot of misinformation and a lot of hold music. 

Finally after almost 2 weeks of trying I got to speak to someone on your Loyalty team this afternoon and got my request sorted. Was given a direct line to the loyalty team that actually worked. Had this number been given to me on my first query the issue would have been resolved a lot sooner. Instead I was fed a lot of misinformation and a lot of hold music. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

You're lucky. I was on to Eir chat (India) and asked if I could take advantage of the new SIM only 14.99 deal. Yes they said. Anyhow needless to say the order failed and I was unable to get through to anyone that could actually help for two weeks. in the end I gave up and ported out my number to another supplier. 6 months ago I was able to do the exact same above without issue and take advantage of the SIM only deal. However as reported by many, since Eir management have trimmed and closed off customer care, it's gone to the dogs.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/hcl-strike-would-make-eir-call-centre-handover-even-messier-1.3634947

Almost a week with no response. No luck speaking to anyone in Customer Care either.

I spoke to someone in store who said my request to switch to the Sim Only plan is easy to do and does not require a new Sim. they just could not do it for me. I need to get an answer on this?

Can one of the Eir Reps please respond. 
    I tried again today. Called the number the eir agent advised in his message and got through to sales. They said I had to be transferred to loyalty - after a 45 minute wait I speak to someone to be told Ive been transferred to the wrong department for what I want to do. He transfers me again and a further 25 minutes later I speak to someone who tells me once again I have been transferred to the wrong department. 

She tells me I am quicker to order a new sim online. I explain i don't want a new sim and that my partner has be transferred recently with no fuss to a similar 'new customer only' sim only plan without the need for a new sim but this agent advises this is the only way.

So after, 1 hour 10 minutes on hold today, 27 minutes on hold yesterday, 25 minutes on hold on Friday, a very unhelpful web chat on Friday I have had absolutely no help at all on my query. 

Can you please tell me why if I have an eir sim, do I need a new sim to switch plans. My partner has done this multiple times with Eir and never needed a new sim. 
    Also when I explained in this thread and in my DM to the boards agent what I wanted to do, why was i given a sales number when they clearly can't help me and why wasn't i advised of what the actual process is instead of just punting me off to someone else (which seems everyone i have any contact with in Eir has done). 

What is the point in having a team with the ridiculous name 'Loyalty' when they treat their customers like this - you are clearly not encouraging any sort of loyalty to your existing customers. 

What is being done to combat the ridiculous long wait times to speak to someone? If you look on twitter on here it is full of people who just can't seem to actually get any help.
    Hi zedhead.

I can see that you have since had your issue resolved.
    If you are having any more issues in the future please don't hesitate to contact me or one of the eir reps here on boards.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Advertisement

I have sent a PM to the thread that was open on this but no reply. 

When i was transferred to a Sim Only plan I needed to signed up for a new myeir account. As my old myeir account has been closed i no longer have access to view my bills through the portal. Can you advise how I will receive my final bill for the old account?

I have sent a PM to the thread that was open on this but no reply. 

When i was transferred to a Sim Only plan I needed to signed up for a new myeir account. As my old myeir account has been closed i no longer have access to view my bills through the portal. Can you advise how I will receive my final bill for the old account?
    Hi there zedhead.

I have just responded to your PM there.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Hi Ahren, 

I received an email to say my bill has been issued but obviously this is no longer viewable on the portal. When will i receive the email copy of this as requested (and confirmed by you via PM). 

The email also shows this bill having a minus balance - how to I arrange a refund of this balance? Can it be applied to my new sim only account or will i receive the monetary value back for this?

Hi Ahren, 

I received an email to say my bill has been issued but obviously this is no longer viewable on the portal. When will i receive the email copy of this as requested (and confirmed by you via PM). 

The email also shows this bill having a minus balance - how to I arrange a refund of this balance? Can it be applied to my new sim only account or will i receive the monetary value back for this?
    Hi there zedhead.
    I have responded to you via PM.
    Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭joebre

30 minutes on hold this morning with the loyalty team. Funnily enough someone answered the sales line within the first ring (which I was advised to call to process this) but there does not seem to be anyone manning the loyalty team (who I had to be transferred to). 

My request should be very simple and it is beyond infuriating to be paying over the odds for a service that cannot provide basic customer care. 
    Same here.
    Sales answered on the second ring.
    Asked to be switched through to the Loyalty Team and the call got cut off straight away.

Advertisement