Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Account Issue

Options
  • 14-01-2019 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My son (17) has an issue with the login to his PS4 account. Basically he's forgotten his password. So, that's no problem, popped his email into the "Forgot Password" box and got an email.

However, he is now presented with a verification method (again no problem) which is his DOB. The issue is, he used a fictitious DOB, which he thought would allow him bypass the age restriction on some games. So, he cannot login into his account.

How do I solve this for him?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,614 ✭✭✭✭Penn

IITYWYBMAD wrote: »
    Hi,

My son (17) has an issue with the login to his PS4 account. Basically he's forgotten his password. So, that's no problem, popped his email into the "Forgot Password" box and got an email.

However, he is now presented with a verification method (again no problem) which is his DOB. The issue is, he used a fictitious DOB, which he thought would allow him bypass the age restriction on some games. So, he cannot login into his account.

How do I solve this for him?

Thanks.

Not sure. I'd say your best bet might be to contact Sony customer care directly. Explain that you're putting in your correct DOB (wouldn't say you signed up with a fictitious one to bypass age restriction), but it's not accepting it, so you think you might have accidentally typed it in wrong when creating the account. Ask them if there's any other way they can verify that it's your account.

That said, if he made up a completely different DOB than his actual one (eg. you'd be more likely to type in 14 Jan 1999 as 14 Jan 1989 rather than if he picked say 23 Sep 1973), they may not believe you.

Not sure if there's any other way.

Edit: Unless you try just saying "Look, I just entered in a random DOB because I didn't think it mattered and I was in a rush when setting it up. Obviously this has backfired. Is there any other way I can verify it's me?"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Catch 22, but try Sony(long shot, I'd say).
    I wouldn't say it's the first time they've heard about this.
    He won't be able to verify his age, how can Sony verify it's his account?

Continue to guess his "DOB".

EDIT:
    As Penn said, if DOB is out by a day or year they might believe you.

Advertisement