Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Gardens

Options
  • 14-01-2019 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone know what the City Gardens apartments on North Main Street are like? Safe enough area at night? Price seems almost too good for such a central location iykwim. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

GinnyR wrote: »
    Anyone know what the City Gardens apartments on North Main Street are like? Safe enough area at night? Price seems almost too good for such a central location iykwim. Thanks.

Never heard a bad word about the place bar this.

https://www.thejournal.ie/murder-conviction-quashed-over-chute-visit-3861786-Feb2018/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

It's right next to the Gate Cineplex, so might be worth checking if the noise bleeds through from there. Probably a fair bit of street noise too.

Other than that.. North Main St. used to have a bad reputation but I never saw any cause for it. Like any city centre street, at 2am on the weekends you could meet anyone in any state, but it's nothing particularly bad in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭askU

I might rent an apartment there but definitely wouldn't buy one at that location....

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Att vara en hest

tbh the area itself is alright... There are some weirdos around north main street but these apartments are close enough to the cinema. My main concern would be the standard of the building, I've been to (rental) viewings that have been sub-par.

I'd agree with what someone mentioned before: I'd consider renting (if you find an apartment in good shape) but not buying. In general I'd probably advise against buying apartments in Ireland, at least for now. Price is way too high for what you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Fabio

Worth going for a look.

Great location, some lovely views over parts of the city. It can be pretty noisy though as the street outside can echo shouts and screams from people going out or coming home after a night out.

The interior layouts of the apartments are quite good but check for water spots and dampness, I know of one in which a water tank leaked and water came through the ceiling into the apartment below. Took a lot of drying out to get it right again!

There was an issue with the front door being left open as well so the stairs couldn't exactly be considered safe and the lift wasn't always clean [reliable but a bit manky]. That might all be sorted now though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement