Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cancelled....Eir says I didn't

• 14-01-2019 1:31pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I rang Eir on the 12th of December, have it in my phone log. Had an 8 minute conversation with the loyalty team to cancel my account, giving them 30 days notice. 

Just now I've been charged for another month , got onto the chat team and they said there's no record of me cancelling. 

It always says you record calls for monitoring and training purposes, can ye get the call if I give you the exact time and show you I cancelled?? 

I'm on hold the last 5 minutes now trying to get onto the loyalty team again. I might go to my bank today see if they'll cancel the direct debit. 

Any ideas what I can do? This mess up will cost me €60. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭rachaelf750

dory wrote: »
    I rang Eir on the 12th of December, have it in my phone log. Had an 8 minute conversation with the loyalty team to cancel my account, giving them 30 days notice. 

Just now I've been charged for another month , got onto the chat team and they said there's no record of me cancelling. 

It always says you record calls for monitoring and training purposes, can ye get the call if I give you the exact time and show you I cancelled?? 

I'm on hold the last 5 minutes now trying to get onto the loyalty team again. I might go to my bank today see if they'll cancel the direct debit. 

Best of luck trying to get a call through!!
    Can one just cancel their direct debit ?? I

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I hope so, I dunno. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Try and make a Formal Complaint to Eir. If you can't get through make the Formal Complaint to comreg saying that you can't get through to Eir to make a Formal Complaint so can they follow up for you through their own contact channels.

Edit> Comreg will probably want you to give Eir 10 days to respond so I suppose you should really contact them using their complaints process. https://www.eir.ie/complaints/ first. I have however managed to slip in a complaint to comreg without contacting Eir first on that bases of an issue with the contact process.

Yea, Comreg is next port of call. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

dory wrote:

Write directly to complaints department, not an email.

• Advertisement

TCM wrote: »
    Originally posted by dory

Write directly to complaints department, not an email.
    Email is fine, just keep it for 10 working days then pass it on to comreg. If Eir don't reply then add to the complaint that they are in breach of their own complaints procedure. Long time ago I discussed this with comreg and a compliant in writing includes email.

Says email is currently unavailable while they upgrade their system! Anyone know the email?

I see an Éir support person is online now. Could you look into this?

Says email is currently unavailable while they upgrade their system! Anyone know the email?

I see an Éir support person is online now. Could you look into this?
    If you can contact them thats their problem get straight on to comreg tell them your story and ask them how you can put in a Formal Complaint. 

Edit> The log a complaint page is working for me and I'm not using an Eir connection to get to the page https://www.eir.ie/logacomplaint.jsp or does it fail only when you try and use that page?

When I clicked the Email Us thing on the website I get this: 

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above.[/font]

The ones listed above are social media platforms.

When I clicked the Email Us thing on the website I get this: 

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are currently upgrading our email platform in order to improve the service provided to you.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]During this essential upgrade, the “Contact Us” email function will be temporarily disabled. If your query is urgent or you are looking to follow up on a logged issue, please contact us through our contact channels listed above.[/font]

The ones listed above are social media platforms.
    Try the link !

• Advertisement

Yes, just sent in a complaint on the link. Still have an active Eir account after all this - I'm afraid if I cancel now they won't deal with this at all. If I ring they'll just say I'm not an Eir customer. 

Really wish someone from Eir would respond to this! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Hi Dory.

I would be happy to look into this for you.

Please PM me the following account details.

Account number,
    Name on the account,
    Address,
    Date of birth.

Thank you.
    Ahren

Sent you a PM. 

Another day of not being able to get through to Eir. Is it just me?? 

Just wait out the 10 working days until you can pass it all on to comreg.

I've been told by Eir employees that for some issues the only way to get them sorted is to make a complaint and then pass it on to Comreg.

Eir hasn't changed with the name and seems to have got worse. I hoping to get fiber in here in the next couple of months and no way will I be going with Eir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Same thing happened to me - a month after I cancelled they advised me that they were starting the cancellation process so it would be another month...So I figured it out from my cancellation, gave them their 30 days notice and stopped the direct debit. I had to do it through Boards as by then the account had been cancelled so I could not access any of the contact numbers etc, but they were still threatening to take money. Didn't hear any more about it. Their system of accounting is so convoluted and stupid that only they can understand it. 

Advertisement