Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Choosing right floor?

• 14-01-2019 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

So we are getting a new built home and looking for the right flooring.

Have seen few wood laminate flooring with AC4 rating in the price range of 13e per sq m.

Seen other flooring option like ceramic and porcelain tiles. How are they in terms of durability?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Have you got underfloor heating? - tiles are optimal for its operation, if you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,111 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Cork is very nice under foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Depends on what you are looking for AC4 is fine for low traffic areas, bedrooms / areas that dont get alot of pass through traffic.

In terms of flooring choices it depends really on what you want. Personally id just hard materials sparingly in a house , bathrooms kitchens , boot areas or utiliy. But living rooms etc id need good quality carper - sound , warmth and comfort. I dont know anyone with laminate or other hard materials that then havent gone and covered up the centre of the room with a big rug, why because it was cold and noise bounced off the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

There will be no underfloor heating.
    jmBuildExt wrote: »
    Have you got underfloor heating? - tiles are optimal for its operation, if you have.

Is AC4 ok for a living room? I thought AC4 is strong enough, even for commercial areas like a cafe.

We opted for hard floorings in living room as guests usually come up with dirt and sand, it usually leave carpets dirty. But we will have carpet in bedrooms.
    listermint wrote: »
    Depends on what you are looking for AC4 is fine for low traffic areas, bedrooms / areas that dont get alot of pass through traffic.

In terms of flooring choices it depends really on what you want. Personally id just hard materials sparingly in a house , bathrooms kitchens , boot areas or utiliy. But living rooms etc id need good quality carper - sound , warmth and comfort. I dont know anyone with laminate or other hard materials that then havent gone and covered up the centre of the room with a big rug, why because it was cold and noise bounced off the floor.

• Advertisement

Is AC4 ok for a living room? I thought AC4 is strong enough, even for commercial areas like a cafe.

We opted for hard floorings in living room as guests usually come up with dirt and sand, it usually leave carpets dirty. But we will have carpet in bedrooms.

AC5 would be for commerical areas like Cafe's not AC4. AC4 can be ok for home use yes. But it would not generally have the quality thick feel to the board. You may get some rebound depending on how its laid.

All this is reflected in the price of the boards as you can imagine. pay more get more quality.

Alright, thanks for correcting me.

I have found AC5 with same price. See link :

https://rightpricetiles.ie/product/american-walnut-sa/

Do you know if these prices are inclusive of VAT? And if extras are required on top of this rate?
    AC5 would be for commerical areas like Cafe's not AC4. AC4 can be ok for home use yes. But it would not generally have the quality thick feel to the board. You may get some rebound depending on how its laid.

All this is reflected in the price of the boards as you can imagine. pay more get more quality.

Alright, thanks for correcting me.

I have found AC5 with same price. See link :

https://rightpricetiles.ie/product/american-walnut-sa/

Do you know if these prices are inclusive of VAT? And if extras are required on top of this rate?

Id try calling right price for those answers :)

What do you think about the durability of them?
    Id try calling right price for those answers :)

Advertisement