Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening non resident account - ID verification

Options
  • 14-01-2019 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I'm resident in Northern Ireland, but need to open a bank account in the south so that my southern based employer can pay my salary.

I've gone through the online process for opening a Personal Current Account, and i've uploaded my passport, proof of address etc.  I then got an email stating that I had to get these documents verified by a public notary.

My question is, does the verification have to be completed in the south?  If not, does it need to be a solicitor or police officer that completes the verification, or can this be done by a doctor, company director etc?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I'm resident in Northern Ireland, but need to open a bank account in the south so that my southern based employer can pay my salary.

I've gone through the online process for opening a Personal Current Account, and i've uploaded my passport, proof of address etc.  I then got an email stating that I had to get these documents verified by a public notary.

My question is, does the verification have to be completed in the south?  If not, does it need to be a solicitor or police officer that completes the verification, or can this be done by a doctor, company director etc?

Thanks in advance!

Hi paddyneeson,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    Can I ask if you called the number given when you apply online? As you can't apply online if you're not a resident within the Republic of Ireland.
    In relation to the getting the documentation verified by a public notary. This can be a solicitor, an account or Bank official.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 paddyneeson

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi paddyneeson,

Can I ask if you called the number given when you apply online? As you can't apply online if you're not a resident within the Republic of Ireland.
    In relation to the getting the documentation verified by a public notary. This can be a solicitor, an account or Bank official.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks Darren,

I can't call 1890 numbers from the north.  If I call in to a branch with the id / address documents can the account be opened then?

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Hi paddyneeson,

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    Thanks Darren,

I can't call 1890 numbers from the north.  If I call in to a branch with the id / address documents can the account be opened then?

Thanks again!

Thanks for getting back to me paddyneeson. The number given in this section wouldn't be a 1890 number it would be 0035312500346 and the advisers there will be more than happy to take your information and see exactly what account options are available for you.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement