Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling direct debit Eir are a joke

• 14-01-2019 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭

I’m at my wits end with this company.
    Worst customer service ever!
    I going to cancel my direct debit as I’ve no way of
    Cancelling unless I sit for an hour on the phone.
    I’ve logged a complaint and I’ve been onto comreg.
    Can I get in trouble for doing this?

My service speeds have Dropped so bad since before Christmas I logged for a service call on Jan 3rd and was told I’d be contacted by an engineer to arrange a call out. Since then I’ve tried to contact Eir for an update with no joy, I then tried contact loyalty Dept to see about a refund for/during my lack of service and possibly cancel since still no sign of an engineer.
    Wait times of over an hour on the phones and when I have got through to someone I’m being thrown to every different department and just going in circles.
    55 ppl on the queue to talk to loyalty again today!!
    Are they having a laugh or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

guideanna wrote: »
    I’m at my wits end with this company.
    Worst customer service ever!
    I going to cancel my direct debit as I’ve no way of
    Cancelling unless I sit for an hour on the phone.
    I’ve logged a complaint and I’ve been onto comreg.
    Can I get in trouble for doing this?

My service speeds have Dropped so bad since before Christmas I logged for a service call on Jan 3rd and was told I’d be contacted by an engineer to arrange a call out. Since then I’ve tried to contact Eir for an update with no joy, I then tried contact loyalty Dept to see about a refund for/during my lack of service and possibly cancel since still no sign of an engineer.
    Wait times of over an hour on the phones and when I have got through to someone I’m being thrown to every different department and just going in circles.
    55 ppl on the queue to talk to loyalty again today!!
    Are they having a laugh or what?
    Hi there guideanna,

I am sorry to hear about this and I completely understand your frustration.

As you have logged a complaint with both ourselves and ComReg, this means will not be able to assist you further with this as it is in their hands now.

~Kellie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Wasn't expecting any assistance from you Kellie as all i seem to get fromanyone in Eir is the "call1901"line.
    No word from the complaints dept either. 

My post was more of an experience sharing for future potential customers..to warn them off the company! Thanks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

guideanna wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting any assistance from you Kellie as all i seem to get fromanyone in Eir is the "call1901"line.
    No word from the complaints dept either. 

My post was more of an experience sharing for future potential customers..to warn them off the company! Thanks :-)
    Hi there guideanna,

If you would like, what I can do is get in contact with our Complaints department in relation to your complaint.

If you wouldn't mind confirming in a PM where and when you logged the complaint, I would be more than happy to follow this up for you.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭jcmg73

I had same problems before Xmas. Managed to cancel took forever to do. I did it within the 30 days notice and was switching providers. Then just before Xmas got charged full month for 2 days service. I asked for final bill and cancelled direct debit mandate at source and advised eir that the mandate had been cancelled and to not try take money. Eir still put direct debit through even though they had been informed 2 weeks prior to the payment date.
    Finally got my last bill through and because eir couldn't be bothered to stop the direct debit on there side it got returned to them. Here comes the best part the greedy b@£#ards the charged me €19 for the direct debit return.
    Thank god I'm out of contract with these shower of d*£ks
    Something needs to be done about this company as it's not fit for purpose in its current state and the sad thing is that this company owns nearly all the broadband infrastructure in this country
    Come on eir pull your head out of your arses and cop on

Advertisement