If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for budget 5.1 with active sub

Options
  • 14-01-2019 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Can I  get a price for budget 5.1 speakers with active sub please? 

I have picked up an oldish amp that would do what I need but no speakers.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

m8 wrote: »
    Hi
    Can I  get a price for budget 5.1 speakers with active sub please? 

I have picked up an oldish amp that would do what I need but no speakers.
    Hi m8,

If you're looking for a good budget set of speakers I would go with the JBL Cinema 510 at 219 euro. These sound amazing and have an active sub, however if you could push the budget a little bit I can't recommend the Elac Cinema 5.1 system highly enough at 299 euro.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

Thanks David, I was hoping for something a bit cheaper tbh.

I will have to see if I can stretch to there.

Hi m8,

No problem, the JBLs would be the cheapest I have but let me know if you're able to go for those!

Kind regards

David

Hi m8,

No problem, the JBLs would be the cheapest I have but let me know if you're able to go for those!

Kind regards

David
    Are the JBL 510 4 ohms as my old receiver needs 6-16 ohms?

Hi m8,

Kind regards

David
    Are the JBL 510 4 ohms as my old receiver needs 6-16 ohms?
    Yes the JBL's are rated at 4 ohms, the elac cinema 5.1's are rated at 8 ohms so would be better suited to your receiver https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203010-elac-cinema-5-1-5-1-speaker-package.aspx

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement

Hi Guys
    Sorry for all the questions.

Is the Subwoofer with the [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Yamaha YHT1840 active or passive?[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Can't seem to see it anywhere in the specs.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202921-yamaha-yht1840-5-1-package-system-inc-speakers-excluding-dvd-player.aspx[/font]

Hi Guys
    Sorry for all the questions.

Is the Subwoofer with the [font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Yamaha YHT1840 active or passive?[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]Can't seem to see it anywhere in the specs.[/font]

[font=Montserrat, sans-serif]https://www.richersounds.ie/p-202921-yamaha-yht1840-5-1-package-system-inc-speakers-excluding-dvd-player.aspx[/font]
    Hey M8.

The YHT1840 comes with a passive subwoofer but has the capability to run either Active or Passive as it also has a subwoofer pre out.

Just one last question.

I see the JBL 510 on a German site saying they were 8ohm, can you just double check please?

And thanks for all the advice.

Just one last question.

I see the JBL 510 on a German site saying they were 8ohm, can you just double check please?

And thanks for all the advice.
    Hi M8.

Here is a link to JBL's website where they are stated as 4 Ohms the same as listed on our own site.
    https://uk.jbl.com/home-audio/JBL+CINEMA+510.html

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.