Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage moratorium

• 14-01-2019 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

In the process of completing the paperwork for our first mortgage. We have been offered a moratorium from 1-6 months at the start of the mortgage. Any advice on this? I know it will cost us in the long run but a couple of months break from repayments would really help us get on our feet. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Hi,

In the process of completing the paperwork for our first mortgage. We have been offered a moratorium from 1-6 months at the start of the mortgage. Any advice on this? I know it will cost us in the long run but a couple of months break from repayments would really help us get on our feet. Thanks
    Took 3 month moratorium when we bought our house. Found it helpful to have a few months without a mortgage repayment to get the house sorted. I found 3 months plenty though, six seems a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Not a fan, don’t fancy paying off the couch or kitchen table for 30 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭KilOit

We took 3 months just to get our head around things, worked great, the interest is still added but we put the money we didn't pay for 3 months back into the mortgage.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Trotsky00 wrote: »
    Hi,

Do you mind me asking which provider is offering the moratorium? Looking to purchase in the coming months and would be ideal to allow for any unexpected costs that come along

Advertisement