Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone SIM only plans.

Options
  • 14-01-2019 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

Where do people think pricing of mobile phone plans is going over next few years? Phones eating up more data. I'm on cheap eir SIM only for 25 a month for 10gb rolling. They've a new 15 a month plan for 25gb that rises to 30 afterwards so definitely worth it even at 30 for the extra allowance. Just wondering in general is that market likely to stay at these low price plans?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Deco99 wrote: »
    Where do people think pricing of mobile phone plans is going over next few years? Phones eating up more data. I'm on cheap eir SIM only for 25 a month for 10gb rolling. They've a new 15 a month plan for 25gb that rises to 30 afterwards so definitely worth it even at 30 for the extra allowance. Just wondering in general is that market likely to stay at these low price plans?

The fact that the price doubles after the introductory 6 months is a good indicator.

Virgin media have been running free for 4 months/ €25 after offers for a while now.

I am on Eir's €20/ 4week PAYG offer with 20GB and can't see myself ever going back to billpay. I certainly will never sign up for any fixed term plan, especially a phone included one.

If you really want you probably could jump every few months to keep on the cheapest introductory sim only offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Vic_08 wrote: »
    The fact that the price doubles after the introductory 6 months is a good indicator.

Virgin media have been running free for 4 months/ €25 after offers for a while now.

I am on Eir's €20/ 4week PAYG offer with 20GB and can't see myself ever going back to billpay. I certainly will never sign up for any fixed term plan, especially a phone included one.

If you really want you probably could jump every few months to keep on the cheapest introductory sim only offers.

I think I'll try the 25gb 10euro 30 day contract and see where it is in 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Just about a year since I ported from ID to Eir. Bill will be going up to €30 from €15 in April. I'm a low call/text/data user any advice on best 30 day sim deal?

(If I was starting out with Eir I could use the €15 for 6 months, but now as a customer with a Direct Debit payment record I have to pay the bigger amount :mad:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

BowWow wrote: »
    Just about a year since I ported from ID to Eir. Bill will be going up to €30 from €15 in April. I'm a low call/text/data user any advice on best 30 day sim deal?

(If I was starting out with Eir I could use the €15 for 6 months, but now as a customer with a Direct Debit payment record I have to pay the bigger amount :mad:)

Ring them up and say your switching unless they give you the new customer deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

BowWow wrote: »

As you are on a sim only you can switch to the new offer. You are probably on the older plan, so ask to switch to the mobile connect 30 plan. You will pay pro rata from the day you switch, to the billing date. Then you will get a refund for the days you prepaid on the old plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭BowWow

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ring them up and say your switching unless they give you the new customer deal?
    Davy wrote: »
    As you are on a sim only you can switch to the new offer. You are probably on the older plan, so ask to switch to the mobile connect 30 plan. You will pay pro rata from the day you switch, to the billing date. Then you will get a refund for the days you prepaid on the old plan.

Waste of time trying to call them, would have had to hold for 20 mins+.
    So went on to webchat, really quick, said I wanted to change to mobile connect 30, absolutely no issue, done and dusted in a few mins, basically 6 more months at €15 on a 30 day contract. Happy with that. Thanks for assistance.

Advertisement