Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boy 2 falls down 110 metre well in Malaga

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I’m absolutely heartsick to hear that the miracle we’ve been hoping for hasn’t happened.

I sincerely hope he wasn’t frightened or in pain for even one second and that it was quick and he didn’t suffer.
    I feel sick at the thoughts of him scared, alone, hungry and just wanting his mum and dad.

Wishing his parents strength and peace as they try to come to terms with their loss of another son.

It doesn’t even bear thinking about the pain they are in. He was only a baby. He and they didn’t deserve this.

Life is cruel. May he RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Wouldn't envy the person who was first to find the poor mite. Relief and Devastation within seconds. What a horrible accident ... could happen to any one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Noo

You knew it was coming, but your heart just sinks when it's confirmed :( poor little guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,573 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hope they learn something from this and fill the 100's of bore holes! Should not take something like this to happen for them to do the obvious and cover them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Well done to the recovery workers. Seriously brave people.

RIP, little one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Sleep tight little man. My heart truly goes out to his parents.

What a tragedy. Lets hope he didn’t suffer too much. RIP little fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Really sad to hear it confirmed but glad his parents got him back. I really hope he wasn’t down there for days waiting for someone to come :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Life. Is. Cruel.

RIP Julen x

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭vanillavanilla

I was hoping against all hope for a miracle. Devastated for the family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Airyfairy12

Just heard about this, its absolutely horrific, that poor little boy and his poor family. I read that their 3 year old died a few years ago of a heart attack. Theyre living in a nightmare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

It's not often I get choked,and when I do this piece of music enters my head....
    I think all those people involved in this 'rescue' operation at the scene deserve a medal,they lived through this nightmare,.I could barely check this thread once a day.. such a sad outcome. God love his parents. R.i.P Julien

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Devestating news but glad his parents will get to see him one more time.

I just really hope he didn’t suffer.

RIP Julen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rn

It was as expected in the end. Rip Julen. You are in good company up in heaven with your big brother.

I'm so happy he's home tonight, it's little comfort to his family but in time they'll appreciate it. Well done to rescuers. You are hero's. It's been a success just to get him home.

I haven't cried like this in a while. I really hope it had been quick enough he went.

I don't know if I feel angry or sad for the relatives responsible for creating the hole. But I certainly put a good deal of blame on the drilling company too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

RIP little man. 2. I have a 2 year old boy myself. I never cry but am now.So sad, hope you suffered nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Liamario

Even though I knew this was the outcome, it still hurts. I hope he died when he fell and not over a few days. It really is unbearable to think about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Was hoping for a miracle but knew deep down it was unlikely. This was the last thread I checked last night and the first this morning. Those poor parents. Sleep well with the angels little man. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Suffer little children. RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

R.I.P Julen. A feeling of very mixed emotions. Delighted they have got him but when I think of the parents its still hard to come to terms with what they must be going through.

The people who got him out, especially the ones who went underground have my greatest respect. Heroes everyone of them.

RIP Julen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bilbot79

RIP Julen. Hearts bled for you far and wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mcgragger

Very very sad. What a horrible thing to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭threetrees

I know the outcome was expected but it still cuts through the heart to have it confirmed. I'm glad he was found, well done to the entire team. My thoughts are with the parents, can't begin to comprehend how they are.

I just hope the little boy didn't suffer too much. RIP little boy Julen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 324 ✭✭Spook80

❤️

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rest in peace Julen . At least his parents and family can grieve and know he is now with them for a while .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭mcgragger

Apparently they lost another child a few years ago to heart issues.

This world is so cruel sometimes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sad news to wake up to. RIP little Julian. Please god he didn’t suffer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,833 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Poor little kid :(:(

Been following this thread since the beginning. Was hoping for a happy ending but not to be. Really hope he didn't suffer and death was quick. Horrific for the parents. Something you never get over. At least they can now bring him home.

RIP

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭screamer

Awful, just awful. Poor little fella, and his parents, I can’t imagine the pain and guilt they must be feeling. God help them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Johnnyhpipe

Saw this just as i woke. The fact he was down there with his little bag of sweets has me in floods of tears. Rest in peace Julen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

Such sad news even knowing the odds.
    Rip Julen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

After a week had gone by it looked very grim but I still had hope. What else can you have?

RIP little boy. God help his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭spakman

Thank God they got him, that's the only small mercy in something so tragic, heartbreaking and cruel.
    RIP little boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

both this case and that Chris Watts where he smothered his 2 toddlers and dumped them in the oil silos case really pulls at my hear strings RIP little Guy and girls :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭take everything

Poor little baby.
    Can only hope he didn't suffer.
    RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

https://www.lavanguardia.com/sucesos/20190126/454162954526/julen-nino-pozo-totalan-malaga-rescate-ultima-hora-directo.html

I know its a small consolation but it looks like they are saying he passed away the day he fell into the well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

775175c997762265373563c0f2dbfab2--little-children-jesus-with-children.jpg

sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Hope they learn something from this and fill the 100's of bore holes! Should not take something like this to happen for them to do the obvious and cover them!

They won't.
    It's Spain.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

sick

A child is dead. Save your venom for another day.

:(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The poor mite.

I’m not religious but it would be nice to think in some form or power that Julen and his big brother Oliver are together again having fun and playing about.

They’ve also released a video of the miners working away. Physically and mentally draining.

https://elpais.com/elpais/2019/01/26/inenglish/1548501599_743150.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,849 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

A child is dead. Save your venom for another day.

Should the god botherers save it for another day too, or do they get free rein to exploit the death of a child to promote their lies?

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Should the god botherers save it for another day too, or do they get free rein to exploit the death of a child to promote their lies?

Just leave it, plenty of other threads to argue over that.

• Advertisement

Are you serious? People will use their faith for comfort as is their right. I see no exploitation just an expression of kindness and respect for the little lad through their beliefs.

Rest in peace little Julen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Unbelievable. Theres always some who just cant wait to start sniping or arguing or trying to get a rise out of some people. Alot of people have followed this thread from the start and would just like to show there sympathy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭Spannerplank

They won't.
    It's Spain.

Your glibness, ignorance and vulgarity is loathsome.

What kind of parents or teachers or acquaintances helped forge such a contemptible disposition?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I too have been following this thread but didn't post until now. Very tragic and intensely heartbreaking for his parents. Utterly cruel turn of events for them - and something that many people would never recover from.

I hope little Julen didn't suffer when he fell down that borehole. Whoever left it open should face the full force of the law for criminal negligence. Kudos to those brave miners fot their hard graft in the recovery of Julen's body.

RIP Julen. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

Just stop. Please. I'm not at all religious myself, but if at a time of such terrible tragedy, somebody can get even some consolation out of a faith that you and I don't share, then who are you to criticise them for that?

Do you not see the irony of you criticising them for their beliefs by stating your own belief in such an opportunistic way too?

I'm not talking to you anymore. You're the sort of person I wouldn't talk to in real life either, apart from an initial well-timed and very vehement 'f*** off'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement