Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential new customer

• 14-01-2019 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭

Hi Eir reps,

I am thinking to switch from Virgin to Eir as I am interested in the Broadband + TV essential package.
    I already checked the speed available by inputting my address details in your website and its 90 Mb which is grand.

I have 2 questions:
    1 - Will there be much drilling in the wall prior to installing your service or is it a simple case of changing few cables/Modem and then I am all set?
    2 - The modem and cables are downstairs, would it be possible to have the TV channels in an upstairs TV only as that will save me the hassle of adding the multi-room option?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

alwald wrote: »
    Hi Eir reps,

I am thinking to switch from Virgin to Eir as I am interested in the Broadband + TV essential package.
    I already checked the speed available by inputting my address details in your website and its 90 Mb which is grand.

I have 2 questions:
    1 - Will there be much drilling in the wall prior to installing your service or is it a simple case of changing few cables/Modem and then I am all set?
    2 - The modem and cables are downstairs, would it be possible to have the TV channels in an upstairs TV only as that will save me the hassle of adding the multi-room option?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi there alwald,
    Thanks you for getting in touch with us here.

The only time when drilling would be involved is when you are getting fibre to the home installed, if it is the standard fibre broadband it will just be a matter of plugging in the modem.

You can set up the main tv in whichever room you want. The tv runs off the WiFi so this should not have any adverse effects. If you find it is affecting it you can get boosters that will increase in the signal.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭alwald

Hi Eir reps,

I have 2 questions:
    3 - Can I select the date of the direct debit payment?
    4 - How can I access the modem's setting on a browser?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi there alwald,

The only time when drilling would be involved is when you are getting fibre to the home installed, if it is the standard fibre broadband it will just be a matter of plugging in the modem.

You can set up the main tv in whichever room you want. The tv runs off the WiFi so this should not have any adverse effects. If you find it is affecting it you can get boosters that will increase in the signal.

~Kellie
    Thank you Kellie for your prompt reply,

I am planning to make the order online to avail of the discount but I have few questions please:

What should I do to keep my landline number after I cancel my Virgin account?
    How long time will it take roughly to have EIR fully installed once my order is placed in the Dublin area?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

When filling in the application enter your UAN/phone from Virgin to get the number transferred automatically, cancel the cooling off period and you should get an appointment for around 4 days out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Hi Eir reps,

I have 2 questions:
    3 - Can I select the date of the direct debit payment?
    4 - How can I access the modem's setting on a browser?

Thanks in advance!
    Hi there alwald,

~Kellie
    Thank you Kellie for your prompt reply,

I am planning to make the order online to avail of the discount but I have few questions please:

What should I do to keep my landline number after I cancel my Virgin account?
    How long time will it take roughly to have EIR fully installed once my order is placed in the Dublin area?

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there alwald,

fritzelly is correct if you provide your UAN when signing up to our services we will automatically take over the line and also your landline number.

Each install is different and depends on a number of factors, therefore, I wouldn't be able to give you a definite timeframe as such, for more information on switching to eir please feel free to click here

If you would like you can discuss this further with a member of our Technical Support department via our webchat here.

~Kellie

Advertisement