Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal my infraction

Options
  • 14-01-2019 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭

I wish to appeal the infarction I received on the Mayo gaa forum.a moderator referred to members of the Galway county board as akin to members of the mafia and went on to further compare Tuam stadium to third world conditions.
    Underneath this post a different moderator stated that he would be handing out infractions for people who weren't posting constructively while the posts made by the moderator above went unchecked.
    When I questioned this in a post I was infracted and my post was removed which is in my opinion very unfair.
    The stadium mentioned is currently under development with a lot of work being carried out by volunteers and local businesses in order to fundraise and to describe it as third world is most insulting to the individuals involved in its development.
    Also mentioning members of the council board is slanderous on a public forum.
    I wish to have my infraction overturned and I also wish that the moderator who posted the above should also be made face sanctions and have his posts removed.many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DR process is to contact the mod who infracted you, and attempt to resolve the issue between you.

Can you confirm if you have attempted to do, and if so, what was the result?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the DR process is to contact the mod who infracted you, and attempt to resolve the issue between you.

Can you confirm if you have attempted to do, and if so, what was the result?

No dudara I didn't appeal it with the mod who infracted me.i was given a link and advised to appeal my infraction here. I queried with the mod who infracted me if the other mod who made these posts was to face any sanctions and whether his posts would be removed but didn't receive a reply on same. I was also advised by the moderator who wrote the posts to "quit while I was ahead".
    I now wish to have my infraction overturned and if this appeal fails I wish for the moderators posts to be removed and for him to also face infractions with due respect to equality on the matter.
    Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This process is for dealing with your infraction only. This review process will look at your post and the action applied to it, and no further. If you have an issue with the posts of another user, there are other channels for raising that issue.

On that basis, can you please contact the moderator who infracted you and try to work it out amicably first. If that fails, please come back here and we will move to the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Issue has been resolved between OP and moderator. Closing this one off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement