Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recabling & Cable Sleeving - Dublin

Options
  • 14-01-2019 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭

I've recently finished my rebuild of my main desktop at home... the cabling is a rats nest and I've just run out of time and energy.

So I'm looking for someone I can trust to do some custom cabling, sleeving and tidy up the cable routing and lighting on my build.

Is there anyone in Dublin who does this kind of thing as a business?

U37dniy.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

That's going to be a hard case to make look tidy due to the being TG on both sides a lack of a PSU shroud. Maybe check out some reviews of the case and see how others have routed the cables?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Venom wrote: »
    That's going to be a hard case to make look tidy due to the being TG on both sides a lack of a PSU shroud. Maybe check out some reviews of the case and see how others have routed the cables?

Yeah, that's part of the problem. Most of the builds I've seen online are hiding the mess by using side mounted Rads/Fans to block the view of the bottom part of the case, which I want to avoid (and there's no functional reason to do it that way).
    I've already used what little space is available in between the metalwork for the cabling for fans/lights where I could...

I'll probably have to compromise somewhere. But it would probably be a good start to shorten, sleeve and braid the PSU cables and make a bit of a feature of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

cros13 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's part of the problem. Most of the builds I've seen online are hiding the mess by using side mounted Rads/Fans to block the view of the bottom part of the case, which I want to avoid (and there's no functional reason to do it that way).
    I've already used what little space is available in between the metalwork for the cabling for fans/lights where I could...

I'll probably have to compromise somewhere. But it would probably be a good start to shorten, sleeve and braid the PSU cables and make a bit of a feature of them.

Well to start with, the AX 1600 PSU is one of Corsair's top models and it should be possible to get replacement braided cables from the likes of Cablemod or a similar company to use as a feature but I've not heard of anything like shorter cables and sure as hell wouldn't risk any sort of DIY job myself.

If the wires are really a deal breaker maybe look into a different case?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Well to start with, the AX 1600 PSU is one of Corsair's top models and it should be possible to get replacement braided cables from the likes of Cablemod or a similar company to use as a feature but I've not heard of anything like shorter cables and sure as hell wouldn't risk any sort of DIY job myself.

I even have a stack of Cablemod 20% off vouchers. They do custom lengths at order time. It's probably the easiest option, plus a bit of shopping/modding for the right lengths of other cables.
    It's just laziness on my part, in part 'cause I know the second I pop this system up on my workbench to start measuring the cables out, it will sit there for weeks before I get around to ordering and fitting the cables.
    It's already (in various rebuilds) sat operating on the motherboard box for the best part of 2 years.
    If the wires are really a deal breaker maybe look into a different case?

The case is not easily changeable. It's a dual socket xeon board that's slightly larger than EEB so it's a pain to buy a case for. I've gone through two other cases that claimed EEB support that didn't fit the board.
    I also kind-of wanted a case that was half test bench 'cause I swap parts in and out frequently.

Advertisement