Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York marathon 2019

Options
  • 14-01-2019 11:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

Applications are open for ballot and limited GFA.

Has anybody applied. The website crashed a few times not even sure if I applied properly.

Says $0 on the price section. Does that mean nothing now untill entry (if) accepted. Or should it say the entry fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DC.

I applied through GFA. You won’t be charged anything until you are guaranteed your entry that’s why it’s coming up as $0.00.

Hopefully find out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

I entered too. IF I got a place for 2019, can you defer to 2020 or do you have to take it this year?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

I didn't get a to apply until an hour after Reg opened due to the website crashing. A real disaster but fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Limpy wrote: »
    I didn't get a to apply until an hour after Reg opened due to the website crashing. A real disaster but fingers crossed.

It is open for a month so you should be fine. I dont think your chances are less on the 14th Feb than they are today.

• Advertisement

Downtime wrote: »
    It is open for a month so you should be fine. I dont think your chances are less on the 14th Feb than they are today.

Not sure that is the case for Good for age. Limited spaces mean first come first serve untill times are verified and spots are full.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Not sure that is the case for Good for age. Limited spaces mean first come first serve untill times are verified and spots are full.

Youll be grand. If you have the GFA you’ll get in, unless theres a huge increase in qualified applicants, which is unlikely. The race has huge capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭pgmcpq

Pink11 wrote: »
    I entered too. IF I got a place for 2019, can you defer to 2020 or do you have to take it this year?

Unless things have changed - yes …. BUT you have to fork over the entry fee again :eek:

Got my acceptance email this evening :)

Me too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Lottery results due out today I think?

Doesn't really suit me to get it this year, but couldn't turn it down if my name comes out.

Conflicted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Looks like the charge is pending on my CC

Will have to defer though cause I'm already doing Boston and London

• Registered Users Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭The Davestator

No joy for me but happy enough as it wouldn't really have suited.

throw the hat in again next year

Go for it it's a nice few months after those 2

Go for it it's a nice few months after those 2

The wife said no :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,457 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

The wife said no :(

Well, we all have to draw the line somewhere!

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well, we all have to draw the line somewhere!

She's right, but I'll never tell her.. 😉

She's right, but I'll never tell her.. 😉

1 marathon for wife to tag along will but you a free pass for the next one 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Anyone know of any travel agencies who would sell entry onlys or would they insist on their full packages?

kilns wrote: »
    Anyone know of any travel agencies who would sell entry onlys or would they insist on their full packages?

They usually have a package only otherwise they couldn't justify the price they charge you for the entry.

You could probably get a charity entry but that may be a package to. Depending on how much you need to collect for the said charity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

kilns wrote: »

They won't sell entry only. You could possibly get accommodation and entry. I did that a few years ago with Sports travel as I lined up some work travel with marathon weekend so didn't need to include flights. I think it's 3 nights minimum for NY hotel with them- nice hotel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Yeah unfortunately, they really know how to rip off people with regards to it

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Ross Runner

Wave 1 Orange Coral B

Getting real now.....:)

Had to cancel my entry due to me addition to the family.

Next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

We're heading over with the Sports Travel crowd. Any recommendations for massage on the Monday or Tuesday?

Advertisement