Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which butcher in Limerick City makes the best burgers?

• 14-01-2019 11:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Looking for recommendations for any butchers who make good-quality beefburgers in Limerick. Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm a big fan of Noel O'Connor's (William Street) for burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Jack Spratts and Garretts get the nod from me, but this will end up by everyone recommending their local butcher :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Nolans in Corbally do great burgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

I'm a big fan of Noel O'Connor's (William Street) for burgers.

Big +1 for that here, Noel’s burgers are fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Coill1

+1 for Nolan’s in Corbally. (I pick mine up in the Milk Market on Saturdays - must say the presentation of their stand / food is top notch)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Coill1 wrote: »
    +1 for Nolan’s in Corbally. (I pick mine up in the Milk Market on Saturdays - must say the presentation of their stand / food is top notch)

Oh yeah I've bought from these guys in the market several times and they are really good burgers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Coill1 wrote: »
    Same here, the lads that tend the stall in the Milk Market are sound too, more than happy to offer tips/advice on recipes, cooking for BBQs (not in the current weather obviously), etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11 walt whitman

+1 for Nolan's
    had venison burgers from there recently and they where delicious also the jalapeno burgers are really nice :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

Make your own - get a plastic burger press in Homestore & More for < €5 and buy a pound of mince of your preferred quality. Add some breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning and divide into 4. Give each of them a good press and your done. Takes about 2 minutes and better than you will get in any butcher.

db wrote: »
    Make your own - get a plastic burger press in Homestore & More for < €5 and buy a pound of mince of your preferred quality. Add some breadcrumbs, herbs and seasoning and divide into 4. Give each of them a good press and your done. Takes about 2 minutes and better than you will get in any butcher.

Amazing that it took 4 days, tne butchers must be cat altogether that none of them could top your recipe

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

In fairness, most food tastes better/more rewarding after you've lovingly put it together yourself. :)

In fairness, most food tastes better/more rewarding after you've lovingly put it together yourself. :)

Indeed, although many of the 'homemade' burgers I've had at barbeques etc tend to be of the flavourless and exceptionally dried out variety, you'd be hard pressed to dry out one of Noel O'Connor's finest chargrilled burgers (4 for a fiver if anybody is asking :p),
    It's the typical Boards response to tell somebody to make their own when they probably want the convenience, I'd say I've been guilty myself, I was waiting for somebody to do it, honestly surprised it took 4 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

keane2097 wrote: »
    Oh yeah I've bought from these guys in the market several times and they are really good burgers.

I never knew they had a stall in the market! That's really handy. I must pop in on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭ppn

Garrett's all day long. Best butchers in Limerick!

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

Butchers are well known to buy package burgers in the lidl and Aldi and prepare them out the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Butchers are well known to buy package burgers in the lidl and Aldi and prepare them out the back.

Which butchers? I highly doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

Utter nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Im calling bull ... see what I did there :-)

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Unless you own a butcher, and are willing to out yourself, please don't post nonsense.

• Site Banned Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Dakotabigone

MarkR wrote: »
    Unless you own a butcher, and are willing to out yourself, please don't post nonsense.

I am not posting nonsense, spurn it away if you want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

I am not posting nonsense, spurn it away if you want to.
    Actually they can't as all butchers in town have to be able to show full tracebility for all their meat from a supplier

Advertisement