If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ststem setup

Options
  • 15-01-2019 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi

I am trying to get a new system including an amp, floorstanders (walnut) a CD player and a turntable.

I have a budget of approximately €2,500

Any advice would be appreciated incl delivery

Dave

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Morganod73 wrote: »
    Hi

I am trying to get a new system including an amp, floorstanders (walnut) a CD player and a turntable.

I have a budget of approximately €2,500

Any advice would be appreciated incl delivery

Dave
    Hi Dave,

You could get a fantastic system for that budget.

To start with the amp, I would recommend something like the Rega Brio (710 euro) which won product of the year at this years What HiFi awards. I have one on demo and it's one of the best amps before you go to the likes of the Roksan Caspian or Roksan Blak.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-13032-rega-brio-r-amplifier-black-integrated-amplifier.aspx

The speakers I would recommend are the Monitor Audio Silver 200 at 1129 euro. With a much sturdier cabinet design over the bronze series and better drivers the Silvers are the best mid range speakers I've heard in the store and come in a walnut finish.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202791-monitor-audio-silver-200-walnut-monitor-audio-speakers-per-pair.aspx

For the CD player and amp you there is a matched CD player called the Rega Apollo at 740 euro and either the Rega Planar 1 at 295 euro or the upgraded Rega Planar 2 at 445 euro. The Planar 2 has the better glass platter.

This bundle is normally 3024 euro but I could do you a price of 2845 euro including shipping.

Let me know if this is the sort of system you would be interested in!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Morganod73

Thanks David

I will take a look at all the items you recommend.

Been out of the loop re hardware for a while so need to do my homework before buying.

May I ask what are your thoughts re the CD Player as it’s a top loader and Inhave yet to decide what type of cabinet the separates will be in etc

Will get back to you soon.

Dave

Hi David

One other question:

The Rega Planar 1 does it also come with a clear lid/ hood/ cover and is it Vailable in the black finish?

David

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks David

I will take a look at all the items you recommend.

Been out of the loop re hardware for a while so need to do my homework before buying.

May I ask what are your thoughts re the CD Player as it’s a top loader and In have yet to decide what type of cabinet the separates will be in etc

Will get back to you soon.

Dave
    Morganod73,

No problem - we don't pressurise!

I agree that the top-loader on the REGA is a little limiting but it does sound great - we can offer you traditional drawer loading options of a similar quality from several manufacturer options such as Roksan, Cambridge Audio etc if you would prefer a standard drawer system.

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew   

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi David

One other question:

The Rega Planar 1 does it also come with a clear lid/ hood/ cover and is it Vailable in the black finish?

David
    Hi again Morganod73,

Yes - it does come complete with a proper perspex lid and its available in a variety of finishes but black Gloss is the standard finish and it looks great!

Keep us posted and happy to give you some further options to look at ( including streaming options???? ) if you would like to see some alternatives,

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John

I will try and give you a call tomorrow as I am keen to get my audio needs addressed.

Regards,

Dave

Hi John

I will try and give you a call tomorrow as I am keen to get my audio needs addressed.

Regards,

Dave
    No problem Dave, speak to you tomorrow!

Hi Richer sounds

I was talking with Stephen in the Belfast office as I wanted to explore options outside of the Rega Brio and Apollo.

From what I Have ascertained matching with the Cambridge Audio CXA60 and the CXC would require a dongle for streaming and possibly another connector for the Rega Planar I.

So in saying this; I am enquiring as to what price you may be able to do for

Fyne Audio F501 (dark oak)
    Rega Brio
    Rega Apollo
    Rega Planar I

Separately I’m enquiring for:

I am also enquiring after a Samsung Q7F 55” 4K Ultra HD Flat QLED smart tv (Black).

If you have any Bluetooth speakers which would also have a radio and cd component I would also be interested in what you may have available.

Thanks again for all your help

Dave

Hi Richer sounds

I was talking with Stephen in the Belfast office as I wanted to explore options outside of the Rega Brio and Apollo.

From what I Have ascertained matching with the Cambridge Audio CXA60 and the CXC would require a dongle for streaming and possibly another connector for the Rega Planar I.

So in saying this; I am enquiring as to what price you may be able to do for

Fyne Audio F501 (dark oak)
    Rega Brio
    Rega Apollo
    Rega Planar I

Separately I’m enquiring for:

I am also enquiring after a Samsung Q7F 55” 4K Ultra HD Flat QLED smart tv (Black).

If you have any Bluetooth speakers which would also have a radio and cd component I would also be interested in what you may have available.

Thanks again for all your help

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I think Kenny our manager tried to call you as well ;)

Thanks for the post - those are V V nice systems that you are looking at :)

We can do the following for you:

Fyne Audio F501 Dark Oak ( Completely / utterly amazing speakers!!) 
    REGA Brio R Amp
    REGA Apollo CD
    REGA Planar 1

Retail on that system at the moment is £2674 / €3202 - as a Boardie bundle we would offer it at just £2199 / €2569 including shipping and we would include some decent cable and premium 4MM plugs for you.

The CXA / CXC is a super system - at the moment the CXA is heavily discounted to £499 and is really the normal counterpart to the Brio (albeit that it has far more features) but at the moment the CXA80 is also discounted and is really good value and would be a step up from the Brio in audio and features.

Of course your correctly so say that the CXA series does need an outboard Phono Step up Amplifier, this is no bad thing as it is really better to isolate all low level signals away from high level components such as the power amp sections of an amplifier - therefore the Cambridge Duo or Sold dedicated Phono amps would be ideal - however an even better option would be the Rega Planar 1 Plus which has had rave reviews and will work straight into a CXA80:
    https://www.whathifi.com/rega/planar-1-plus/review

As you will see from the review, basically the Planar Plus is even better than the Planar 1 with the outboard REGA amp!

Again on the positive side the matching CD for the CXA Series is actually far less expensive than the REGA - the main reason for this is that it is only a Transport - CAMBRIDGE use really high quality D/A convertors in the CXA's so there is no point in duplicating these in the CD player as well so the CD works completely in the digital realm and the amp does the conversion - it works really well ( and it looks so damn slick!) - again on the Bluetooth Dongle, yep this is a specifically designed unit ( BT100 ) for the CXA series - but it plugs straight into the amp and at least the CXA has that as an option - the REGA Brio is a superb amp but it does not have any streaming options OR digital inputs - it's 100% analogue..so..

Cambridge Audio CXA80 Amplifier
    Cambridge Audio CXA60 CD Transport
    Cambridge Audio BT100 - Bluetooth Adaptor
    Rega Planar 1 PLUS
    Fyne Audio F501

The current (heavily discounted ) price of the CXA80 based system is £2545 / €2979 - we can do you a Boardie bundle on the system above at £1999 / €2299 again including a cable bundle and delivery.

If you wanted to add the Award winning Cambridge CXN V2 Streamer to the system we would do the complete system including the CXN at £2649 / €2999.

That't the latest on the Audio systems - tough choice but I wish I had ti make that choice :D

We don't have any stand-alone Bluetooth speakers which include CD and radio - would you look at something like the Denon DM41?
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13042-denon-dm41-dab-black-black-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

On the TV front - again super TV ( it is mainly black but does have some aluminium trim BTW) we can do it at £1049 / €1249 including our 6 year warranty - however I would recommend that you also consider the LG OLED 55B8 or especially the OLED 55C8 - really superb TV's :
    https://www.whathifi.com/lg/oled55c8pla/review

Keep us posted and thanks again for giving us the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Dave,

I think Kenny our manager tried to call you as well ;)

Thanks for the post - those are V V nice systems that you are looking at :)

We can do the following for you:

Fyne Audio F501 Dark Oak ( Completely / utterly amazing speakers!!) 
    REGA Brio R Amp
    REGA Apollo CD
    REGA Planar 1

Retail on that system at the moment is £2674 / €3202 - as a Boardie bundle we would offer it at just £2199 / €2569 including shipping and we would include some decent cable and premium 4MM plugs for you.

The CXA / CXC is a super system - at the moment the CXA is heavily discounted to £499 and is really the normal counterpart to the Brio (albeit that it has far more features) but at the moment the CXA80 is also discounted and is really good value and would be a step up from the Brio in audio and features.

Of course your correctly so say that the CXA series does need an outboard Phono Step up Amplifier, this is no bad thing as it is really better to isolate all low level signals away from high level components such as the power amp sections of an amplifier - therefore the Cambridge Duo or Sold dedicated Phono amps would be ideal - however an even better option would be the Rega Planar 1 Plus which has had rave reviews and will work straight into a CXA80:
    https://www.whathifi.com/rega/planar-1-plus/review

As you will see from the review, basically the Planar Plus is even better than the Planar 1 with the outboard REGA amp!

Again on the positive side the matching CD for the CXA Series is actually far less expensive than the REGA - the main reason for this is that it is only a Transport - CAMBRIDGE use really high quality D/A convertors in the CXA's so there is no point in duplicating these in the CD player as well so the CD works completely in the digital realm and the amp does the conversion - it works really well ( and it looks so damn slick!) - again on the Bluetooth Dongle, yep this is a specifically designed unit ( BT100 ) for the CXA series - but it plugs straight into the amp and at least the CXA has that as an option - the REGA Brio is a superb amp but it does not have any streaming options OR digital inputs - it's 100% analogue..so..

Cambridge Audio CXA80 Amplifier
    Cambridge Audio CXA60 CD Transport
    Cambridge Audio BT100 - Bluetooth Adaptor
    Rega Planar 1 PLUS
    Fyne Audio F501

The current (heavily discounted ) price of the CXA80 based system is £2545 / €2979 - we can do you a Boardie bundle on the system above at £1999 / €2299 again including a cable bundle and delivery.

If you wanted to add the Award winning Cambridge CXN V2 Streamer to the system we would do the complete system including the CXN at £2649 / €2999.

That't the latest on the Audio systems - tough choice but I wish I had ti make that choice :D

We don't have any stand-alone Bluetooth speakers which include CD and radio - would you look at something like the Denon DM41?
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13042-denon-dm41-dab-black-black-mini-system-exc-speakers.aspx

On the TV front - again super TV ( it is mainly black but does have some aluminium trim BTW) we can do it at £1049 / €1249 including our 6 year warranty - however I would recommend that you also consider the LG OLED 55B8 or especially the OLED 55C8 - really superb TV's :
    https://www.whathifi.com/lg/oled55c8pla/review

Keep us posted and thanks again for giving us the opportunity to quote,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John

Thanks for the very thorough reply.

I think we have got the requirements pretty much sorted.

I am leaning towards the Cambridge bundle minus the streamer for a total of €2299.
    I will confirm (hopefully) tomorrow.

I also have taken a look at the LG OLED 55B8 and really like the spec also.

I shall confirm this hopefully tomorrow too. Can you confirm the price for the tv if I go with the bundle for €2299, please?

Really appreciate the very prompt, knowledgeable and professional support and service.

Regards,

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Dave,

I have very little movement on the OLED 55B8 unfortunately - I can literally take €20 off it to leave it at €1279, but I can upgrade you to the step-up model which is the OLED 55B8 PLA which is the model with the added built in subwoofer ( the panel and everything else is the same as the standard 55B8 's' model.

If you are going to take the plunge we can put a personalised URL up for you to allow you to purchase your specific bundle online securely ( this is a new service that we can now offer to all of our 'Boardie bundle ' Customers.

Thanks again and do keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi Dave,

I have very little movement on the OLED 55B8 unfortunately - I can literally take €20 off it to leave it at €1279, but I can upgrade you to the step-up model which is the OLED 55B8 PLA which is the model with the added built in subwoofer ( the panel and everything else is the same as the standard 55B8 's' model.

If you are going to take the plunge we can put a personalised URL up for you to allow you to purchase your specific bundle online securely ( this is a new service that we can now offer to all of our 'Boardie bundle ' Customers.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Yes, I would like to go forward and start the process for ordering the Cambridge bundle (without the streamer).

This will include the:

Cambridge Audio CXA80 Amp (Black)
    Cambridge Audio CXA60 CD Transport (Black)
    Cambridge Audio BT100- Bluetooth Adaptor
    Rega Planar 1 Plus
    Fyne Audio F501 (Dark Oak)

You offered a great Biardie bundle for €2299 including a cable bundle and delivery.

I would also like to go forward with the OLED 55B8 PLA for €1279

This bringing to a total of €3,578.

I also must ask does the tv come with a wall bracket or is that something you sell?

Kind regards,

David

Hi Dave,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

Yes, I would like to go forward and start the process for ordering the Cambridge bundle (without the streamer).

This will include the:

Cambridge Audio CXA80 Amp (Black)
    Cambridge Audio CXA60 CD Transport (Black)
    Cambridge Audio BT100- Bluetooth Adaptor
    Rega Planar 1 Plus
    Fyne Audio F501 (Dark Oak)

You offered a great Biardie bundle for €2299 including a cable bundle and delivery.

I would also like to go forward with the OLED 55B8 PLA for €1279

This bringing to a total of €3,578.

I also must ask does the tv come with a wall bracket or is that something you sell?

Kind regards,

David
    Hi 

If you PM your phone number we can give you a buzz.

The tv doesn't come with a wall bracket.  What type of one do you need? just one to hold the tv flat to the wall, or a cantilever type to allow angling of the tv ?

Regards Stephen

Hi 

If you PM your phone number we can give you a buzz.

The tv doesn't come with a wall bracket.  What type of one do you need? just one to hold the tv flat to the wall, or a cantilever type to allow angling of the tv ?

Regards Stephen

Hi Stephen

I reckon I’ll need a cantilever one.

My number is SNIPPED

Hope to talk tomorrow in order to arrange the sale.

Do you have any idea how long it’ll take to deliver once ordered?

Kind regards,

David

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Morganod73,

I've snipped your post above to remove your personal details - as per Charter:
    Please do not post personal contact details on the forum - Please do not post personal contact details such as your phone number or email address here - this is an open internet forum and you have no idea who is seeing your phone number or email address or who might use it for nuisance purposes/whatever.

Richersounds personnel will respond to you query on the forum, if you want to pass your contact details please do it by Private Message or send an email.

I've passed the details in question to John and Kenny, but you should send them a PM in any case just to be sure.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Cheer Ritz.

Hi Kenny

Left PM with contact details

Dave

Hi Kenny

Left PM with contact details

Dave
    Cheers for taking our call there Dave.

I will drop over the quote as requested via email.

Dear Richer Doubds

My items are due for arrival tomorrow on delivery.

After further consideration I will no longer require the Sanus cantilever tv bracket.

Can I simply not accept the delivery of the tv bracket and return it with the courier?

A response on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Dave

Dear Richer Doubds

My items are due for arrival tomorrow on delivery.

After further consideration I will no longer require the Sanus cantilever tv bracket.

Can I simply not accept the delivery of the tv bracket and return it with the courier?

A response on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Dave
    Hi Morganod73.

I will try and get the bracket stopped but if the courier arrives with it don't accept it (Bracket) and they will return it to us.
    Once it arrives back into their depot we can issue a refund for the bracket to you.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.