Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Cabinet for Sale : Atomiswave SD

Options
  • 15-01-2019 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

ITEM: Atomiswave SD
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection preferred.
    PRICE: 1000
    PAYMENT METHODS: Cash in person or Paypal.

Monitor is 100% with no burn in at all. Tri-sync also.

Condition wise its a 15 year old cabinet thats traveled across the world, so isn't perfect. Its got a few scratches,
    moreso below the control panel. This is an excellent cabinet to transport also, as the front control panel can be unbolted to fit through doors etc.

I added a 2.1 system for audio, so if a game supports stereo RCAs like CPS2 or Neo Geo, you can get stereo sound.

I want €1000 for the cabinet. This will include 3 control panels ( 2 player atomiswave, 1 player atomiswave, 2 player egret 3). I also have 2 xbox 360 padhacks which I will include in the sale. These have atomiswave connectors on one end, with usb on the other; suitable for a PC/Pi or xbox 360. No games are included.

Info on the cabinet:
    https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sammy_Atomiswave_SD

Photos:
    https://imgur.com/a/V8p5Y5N

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF0EA-DMYhc

PS Arcade stools not included, will put up for sale once cabinet is sold or if the buyer is interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Beautiful cab

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Nice cab Ondafly... I already have a AWSD SD, I remember your videos from 6 years ago on this cab, I'd say you had more videos on these cabs that I could find anywhere on YouTube. You've a voice for radio mate ��

Quick qs, where u based?
    6 Button or 5 button Jamma?
    Those balltops still stuck in Place? ��
    Mvs 1slot For sale?

Does it take Naomi MB my has JVS connectors but they didnt power my Naomi. Capcom IO works but no netdimm as its power hungry.

Planning on selling my Naomi's and this prob become a 360 and Naomi cab if I'm tempted lol

Thanks Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

Thanks Kevin :)

Navan Road Dublin 7
    I'm pretty sure its six button.
    Yup I changed the sticks, but was always too afraid to mangle balltop off the purple one. I have spares now though, just never went back to it.
    No clue about JVS sorry - I don't have any boards for it

I have a stack of Neo Geo stuff, but none for sale yet. Sorry :) I do have a b0rked 4 slot somewhere I could throw in to sweeten the deal if I can find it :D I also have a hokey Xbox 360 that was used in the cabinet. If I can find its power supply I'd throw that in too, as I no use for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

My Atomiswave SD powers the naomi 1 mobo and netdimm no issues.

ondafly wrote: »
    Thanks Kevin :)

Navan Road Dublin 7
    I'm pretty sure its six button.
    Yup I changed the sticks, but was always too afraid to mangle balltop off the purple one. I have spares now though, just never went back to it.
    No clue about JVS sorry - I don't have any boards for it

I have a stack of Neo Geo stuff, but none for sale yet. Sorry :) I do have a b0rked 4 slot somewhere I could throw in to sweeten the deal if I can find it :D I also have a hokey Xbox 360 that was used in the cabinet. If I can find its power supply I'd throw that in too, as I no use for it now.

Nice one Onadfly, getting more and more interesting lol I already have one but 2nd one be for Naomi/Xbox Love. A hokey (jtag?) one would sweeten the deal lol

My only issue is I need to get rid of 3 Naomi's ASAP so my room wont be swamped.

I'll give u a PM there lol

• Advertisement

My Atomiswave SD powers the naomi 1 mobo and netdimm no issues.

Good to known Techno, I have like 5 working and 5 naomi moves all it be nice to get one in the AWSD!! Thanks for heads up. I have capcom IO for the controls.

MY 2 jvs leads power up Naomi moon but no picture or sound Weird. Works fine in Naomi.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Lovely cab ondafly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

kevin2me wrote: »
    e?

Does it take Naomi MB my has JVS connectors but they didnt power my Naomi. Capcom IO works but no netdimm as its power hungry.

Thanks Kev
    It should power it, the nobs may need adjusting up as it takes a good bit of power and measure voltage at the naomi connector rather than the Jamma edge.

Its been an age since in ran mine but i vaguely remember the 1st time it being turned up quiet a bit before it booted the naomi properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭JaimeB

Beautiful. I wish I could get one. Does the SD rotate? What monitor does it have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

JaimeB wrote: »
    Beautiful. I wish I could get one. Does the SD rotate? What monitor does it have?

Yes it can be rotated:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=83248901

Samsung monitor I believe with Weiya chassis

• Advertisement

geotrig wrote: »
    It should power it, the nobs may need adjusting up as it takes a good bit of power and measure voltage at the naomi connector rather than the Jamma edge.

Its been an age since it ran mine but i vaguely remember the 1st time it being turned up quiet a bit before it booted the naomi properly.

Thanks a mil, ya i have FrancoB 2-1 Naomi\Jamma Voltimeter.

It showed the naomi was getting 5.2V which is high and then 4.99v to Naomi when unplugged the Pandora6 from the Jamma.

So its giving power just not the correct, ill play with that and try figure it out.
    Maybe need 5.1 or something.

I checked Otake and found:
    DO NOT run a NAOMI 1 or 2 above 5.15v or you risk frying those pesky tiny surface mount buffer chips.
    Also found Naomi wont boot if under 5v.

Must aim for 5.1v somehow if say :)

Ondafly, I must be mad... But 1000e Offered :)

Surprised it wasnt snapped up straight away tbh, fine cabs.

I will take this and sort it out offline with you. SFIV fun incoming on it.

Thanks your one in a mil, Kev

P.S. Ill be starting Naomi Cab Sales threads for the lads on here too to make space for the AWSD, so heads up ye all.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭paul79

Definitely not mad it’s a cracking cab ,enjoy Kev

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭geotrig

kevin2me wrote: »
    Thanks a mil, ya i have FrancoB 2-1 Naomi\Jamma Voltimeter.

It showed the naomi was getting 5.2V which is high and then 4.99v to Naomi when unplugged the Pandora6 from the Jamma.

So its giving power just not the correct, ill play with that and try figure it out.
    Maybe need 5.1 or something.

I checked Otake and found:
    DO NOT run a NAOMI 1 or 2 above 5.15v or you risk frying those pesky tiny surface mount buffer chips.
    Also found Naomi wont boot if under 5v.

Must aim for 5.1v somehow if say :)

As I said its being quiet a while since I ran mine, the Jamma edge was reading something like 5.2xV it was only at that point it booted(i did tiny increments to that point),on the Naomi connectors it had prefect reading so it's something to keep an eye on.
    It was a spare Naomi I had so wasn't worried about frying it lol

Good luck with the new cab.

geotrig wrote: »
    It was a spare Naomi I had so wasn't worried about frying it lol

Good luck with the new cab.

The beauty of Spare parts, I've about 8 naomi MBs lol

With Any luck AWSD no 2 just works lol if not I'll throw 31k into chopped naomi instead 15k screen and run it there.
    paul79 wrote: »
    Definitely not mad it’s a cracking cab ,enjoy Kev

Thanks guys, I'll do Arcade Gameroom Post once the room fully complete in a few weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement