Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Build - Can't order a phone line without eircode?

• 15-01-2019 1:28pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭

I have just moved into my house which is a new build in an estate. (Phase 2... Phase one all have access to ftth already).

My house has not been issued an eircode yet (hoping I will receive one now in February). 

Why is it I cannot have a phone line installed without an eircode? I'm not talking about FTTH here, a basic phone line would suffice. But I am told I have to wait for the eircode because you cannot raise a query without one.

How did you manage before eircodes were introduced? and given the slow update of eircodes, I could be waiting 6 months without a phone line to my house?

Some clarity here would be appreciated. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,693 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

New estate = no copper lines will be installed so FTTH only which requires an eircode for port assignment among many things and there is no way around this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

I have just moved into my house which is a new build in an estate. (Phase 2... Phase one all have access to ftth already).

My house has not been issued an eircode yet (hoping I will receive one now in February). 

Why is it I cannot have a phone line installed without an eircode? I'm not talking about FTTH here, a basic phone line would suffice. But I am told I have to wait for the eircode because you cannot raise a query without one.

How did you manage before eircodes were introduced? and given the slow update of eircodes, I could be waiting 6 months without a phone line to my house?

Some clarity here would be appreciated. 
    Hi there Frank Castle,

Unfortunately, fritzelly is correct. When there are no copper lines installed we can not install FTTH. I know you are talking about getting a landline but the newer estates are being built equipped for voice over broadband (phone works through the broadband) rather than the traditional phone line. This new system is based off eircodes which is why until you are issued an eircode nothing can be installed, unfortunately.

For more information on broadband talk please click here. Alternatively, you can try to speak with an agent from our Technical Support department live by clicking here.

~Kellie

Advertisement