Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 wishlist.

Options
  • 15-01-2019 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

Normally at the beginning of a year I'd have a list of hardware etc that I'd hope to acquire at some point throughout the year but for 2019 I have only 3 items on the list.

SX Mini SL class.
    OFRF Gear rta.
    EHpro True MTL rta.

Along with juice from Boss Shots and DripHacks that's about it.

If anyone has opinions or alternatives to the above list please share them with me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

+1 for the EHpro True MTL rta.

I'm pretty much exclusively a MTL'er. I've been using some variant of a kayfun since I started getting in to rebuildables and kayfun mini v3 for the past 3+ years. I bought the True MTL tank before christmas and was very impressed. I ordered a 2nd one a couple of weeks later. Very good tanks and with the convenient top fill I haven't picked up my v3 for a couple of weeks now. The onyl downside is the drip tip you get with it is too short for my liking and condensation builds up in it. Swapping it out for a slightly taller one (on both I have) makes it better.

Zero leaking, provided you ensure you close off the fill ports fully. I didn't the first time and it pissed juice everywhere. Decent flavour too. Cheap(ish) too. It doesn't feel cheap which is good. I bought both of mine from naturevape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Cheers Tin, I've seen a lot of positive hype surrounding the True rta in various mtl groups, I thought the Galaxies would be difficult to surpass but it appears that the True has done that.
    What type coil do you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Short 22mm tube mods plz.

Short 22mm tube mods plz.

I believe Cthulhu are about to release this.

https://imgur.com/a/62PbyGv

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

I believe Cthulhu are about to release this.

https://imgur.com/a/62PbyGv

That looks a helluva lot like a Colibri. I'm in!!!!

• Advertisement

Cheers Tin, I've seen a lot of positive hype surrounding the True rta in various mtl groups, I thought the Galaxies would be difficult to surpass but it appears that the True has done that.
    What type coil do you use?

Nothing fancy. Standard kanthal single coil in one, about 1ish ohm and a simple clapton kanthal in the other https://www.naturevape.co.uk/naturevape-single-core-clapton-coil-kanthal-a1. Both 2.5mm. I didn't get on with the galaxy, the squonk MTL version at least. Too shallow and would dry out too quickly with my style of MTL vaping (take several drags in quick succession).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'm kinda at the point now that I really don't need anything nor have I seen anything that really screams buy me now at me. The only thing I'd even consider would be an all matt black version of the Yihi SL class if one is ever released just for out and about vaping with an RTA but even for that, I'm kinda covered with the Pulse 80w.

@Tincool

Any thoughts on the new OBS Engine MTL RTA?

Venom wrote: »
    I'm kinda at the point now that I really don't need anything nor have I seen anything that really screams buy me now at me. The only thing I'd even consider would be an all matt black version of the Yihi SL class if one is ever released just for out and about vaping with an RTA but even for that, I'm kinda covered with the Pulse 80w.

@Tincool

This isn't all black but as close as you'll probably get. The copper or bronze is the one on my list.

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/sxmini-sl-class-lucky-compass-and-retro-machinery-series?search=Sx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This isn't all black but as close as you'll probably get. The copper or bronze is the one on my list.

https://www.ecigone.co.uk/sxmini-sl-class-lucky-compass-and-retro-machinery-series?search=Sx

I reckon in time more colours will come out just like the G-class.

TinCool wrote:
    Nothing fancy. Standard kanthal single coil in one, about 1ish ohm and a simple clapton kanthal in the other

I've tried superfine Clapton in both ss and ni80 and neither really did anything to improve flavour over standard ss or kanthal,stick mostly to ss now as I've become a bit of a TC convert for mtl.

• Advertisement

I've tried superfine Clapton in both ss and ni80 and neither really did anything to improve flavour over standard ss or kanthal,stick mostly to ss now as I've become a bit of a TC convert for mtl.

I must admit I've never really played about with TC, only initially when it was all the rage. The Invokes I have do TC. I do have some SS wire in my vape drawer. I'll have a play some day. I've used Ni80, flattened this that and the other but always go back to plain old kanthal. I still use the spool of kanthal I bought about 5 years agao haha.

I have tried SS but not in temp control. In straight power it gets far too hot for my liking and you need a **** load of wraps to get the ohms up. I guess in TC you have a lot more control over the obviously, the temperature. What kind of coils do you build in SS for TC for MTL?

Venom wrote: »

@Tincool

No thoughts as I haven't researched it (yet). I have the sub ohm obs engine and thought it good for what it is. I'm not mad on sub ohming. The VG liquids I find are too heavy on the chest. I'll have a read. No doubt I'll end up buying one.. sigh!

316L,3mm id,8 wraps spaced,0.6, 425°F. Nice flavour and throat hit at those settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

Normally at the beginning of a year I'd have a list of hardware etc that I'd hope to acquire at some point throughout the year but for 2019 I have only 3 items on the list.

SX Mini SL class.
    OFRF Gear rta.
    EHpro True MTL rta.

Along with juice from Boss Shots and DripHacks that's about it.

If anyone has opinions or alternatives to the above list please share them with me.

I got the gear earlier this week. Wicking it tonight. Cigabuy had it for 20 odd pre-order.

In terms of a realistic wishlist I've the Drone on pre-order. That's at least 6 weeks away from arriving. Outside of that another Cube (brilliant little MTL mod, highly recommended) and the Shogun which got positive feedback in the end of year reviews as a good all rounder.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

I try to keep my vape purchases to a minimum. That being said, here's the non-specific list of stuff I want this year :D:
    • Gear RTA (been putting off getting this since it came out, I picked the Serpent Elevate instead)
    • DOVPO Topside or Vandyvape PULSE X (to finally try squonking)
    • Various new oneshots for DIY to see if I can find a few ADVs after years of constantly changing flavours and getting bored of my own recipes
    conjon wrote: »
    I got the gear earlier this week. Wicking it tonight. Cigabuy had it for 20 odd pre-order.
    How do you find Cigabuy? Only Fasttech has the stuff I'm looking for out of the few sites I use, so I was looking for somewhere to get a nice deal on the above items. I heard Cigabuy had an EU warehouse with quicker shipping and no customs issues so could be a good shout!

Phill_M wrote: »
    I try to keep my vape purchases to a minimum. That being said, here's the non-specific list of stuff I want this year :D:
    • Gear RTA (been putting off getting this since it came out, I picked the Serpent Elevate instead)
    • DOVPO Topside or Vandyvape PULSE X (to finally try squonking)
    • Various new oneshots for DIY to see if I can find a few ADVs after years of constantly changing flavours and getting bored of my own recipes

How do you find Cigabuy? Only Fasttech has the stuff I'm looking for out of the few sites I use, so I was looking for somewhere to get a nice deal on the above items. I heard Cigabuy had an EU warehouse with quicker shipping and no customs issues so could be a good shout!

CB are brilliant, pricing is fantastic particularly for pre-orders. You can buy from China or via the EU. They ship from Germany and the UK. I've pretty much stopped buying on Gearbest. FT are great too, I use them more for wraps, wire and clones.

I have the topside and pulse 80w. Personally I think the topside is a better squonker. I got the topside on CB too.. here's a side by side if it's any use
    https://ibb.co/FDX0TzQ

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Phill_M

conjon wrote: »
    CB are brilliant, pricing is fantastic particularly for pre-orders. You can buy from China or via the EU. They ship from Germany and the UK. I've pretty much stopped buying on Gearbest. FT are great too, I use them more for wraps, wire and clones.

I have the topside and pulse 80w. Personally I think the topside is a better squonker. I got the topside on CB too.. here's a side by side if it's any use
    https://ibb.co/FDX0TzQ

Thanks a mill, especially for the comparison in the picture. It's nice to have some genuine feedback, a lot of reviews online about Chinese sites seem to be a bit dodgy.

I just went for the Topside from the German warehouse. I'm hoping it's quicker, and at least no need to worry about being hit by customs.

I prefer FT for the smaller stuff I don't mind waiting for still though, haven't had any hassle with them so far.

Phill_M wrote: »
    Thanks a mill, especially for the comparison in the picture. It's nice to have some genuine feedback, a lot of reviews online about Chinese sites seem to be a bit dodgy.

I just went for the Topside from the German warehouse. I'm hoping it's quicker, and at least no need to worry about being hit by customs.

I prefer FT for the smaller stuff I don't mind waiting for still though, haven't had any hassle with them so far.

Good stuff. I've only had one package from them stopped. Make sure you do the firmware update once you get it to add TC.

Advertisement