Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is Terminal 2 a good design

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

VG31 wrote: »
    You can see the gate numbers for the whole day in the Dublin Airport app.

+1 on the Dublin airport app. I have a flight tomorrow morning and my gate is already displayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The end of the pier is so close to the threshold of the runway

Is it possible after 10L/28R is built, they'll extend 10R/28L westwards and move the 28L threshold further away from T2?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

Is it possible after 10L/28R is built, they'll extend 10R/28L westwards and move the 28L threshold further away from T2?

Possible, yes, but I'd say quite unlikely, they'd have to move the R108 and close 10R/28L while they did it, that said stranger things have happened!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭trellheim

+1 on the Dublin airport app. I have a flight tomorrow morning and my gate is already displayed.

DAA - I believe - agreed with the shops not to put gate numbers up on the boards until T minus 60 or something to maximise shopping revenue. Yesterdays FR120 ( the 0630 to LGW) didnt go up on the board till 0530 but that ship was there at that gate all night.

That is an excellent shout re the app

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭alancostello

trellheim wrote: »
    DAA - I believe - agreed with the shops not to put gate numbers up on the boards until T minus 60 or something to maximise shopping revenue. Yesterdays FR120 ( the 0630 to LGW) didnt go up on the board till 0530 but that ship was there at that gate all night.

That is an excellent shout re the app

Also why flights aren't called to pre-clearance until a set amount of time before they're due, I've gone through 3+ hours ahead of my flight and the gates are listed once you're on the other side.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Michael O'Leary isn't a fan....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Michael O'Leary isn't a fan....

M.O'L isn't a fan of anything, unless it's to do with his own gain!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Stephen Strange

L1011 wrote: »
    Almost certain this has been closed off since the inbound and outbound separation was put in place for the 200 gates.

He's talking about the flight connections door at the end of the T1 baggage hall, which is still open (until about 4pm I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The travelators on arrivals are badly designed, you can come in a gate in the middle of a travelator, and there are large gaps with no travelator.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    M.O'L isn't a fan of anything, unless it's to do with his own gain!

True, and seeing that his airline have zero use for the facility he has rather a lot to say about it. If EI / AA or United started piping up regarding pier A & D/ T1 and it’s operations I think he’d be the first telling them to get bent. Respect on many levels for what he has done primarily for the traveling public and his airline too as well as for jobs and the economy but he could gain a hell of a lot more by picking his battles more wisely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement