Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

so much dog **** on northside foothpaths

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

There are so many stray dogs roaming around the place anyway it's hardly surprising this problem exists. It's not just a suburban phenomenon either. The general area around the Milk Market is pretty bad despite the daily street cleaning by council workers which takes place there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Is there? I hardly see any stray dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭barrymanilow

kilburn wrote: »
    Not Limerick but was on the beach in Ballyb this morning and was very much more aware because of this thread.

The amount of people who let their dogs dump on the beach and left it was a disgrace

that's rotten , if kids were building sand castles / playing in the sand etc and they came in contact with that **** there is a chance they could get sick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Agree no consideration for the next person or for the amenity

If the council took a hardline on dog fouling, littering and illegal parking they could raise substantial money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2634785/third-of-irelands-county-councils-have-not-issued-a-single-dog-poo-fine-in-over-two-years-irish-sun-investigation-reveals/

Drogheda is destroyed with dog **** everywhere, impossible to walk 10 yards without dodging crap. Without fines it will continue and councils simply won’t issue fines. In many places it’s considered a type of tough guy pride that they can have their dog **** anywhere it wants. Nothing is going to change because scumbags can do what they like. Zombie apocalypse might thin the herd out, worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Mc Love wrote:
    Is there? I hardly see any stray dogs!

Animal shelters are full with them at this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Might I offer a solution I first suggested a couple of years ago:
    osarusan wrote: »
    Anybody caught not picking up their dog's crap will be forced to take off their shoe, put the crap inside, then put their foot back into their shoe and walk home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

osarusan wrote:
    Might I offer a solution I first suggested a couple of years ago:

Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

People need to ask themselves, is it ok to pull down their pants on a street footpath and take a crap and leave it there?

Because its 'just a dog' doesnt make it ok ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

It's a big problem out around Caherdavin and the Cratloe road too, there are signs in my area but nobody takes any notice of them, some dog owners allow their dogs to run around without leads and ****e everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 TaitsClock

Edward street and the roxboro road are two other streets that always are full of dog poo, it's really horrible. Some days you can even smell it in the air, especially in the summer...eurgh!!!
    Its not just the dog poo i scan the streets for though, its also spit. Not AS bad as poo of course but still nasty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭damowill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Sorry to disappoint the girl but providing bins and litter bags wont matter to those people that let their dogs go potty on the streets. I was in Dingle a few months back and a girl and her dog literally 5 feet away from dog poo bags and a bin, just left the mess on the footpath...

Advertisement