Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions

Options
  • 15-01-2019 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have to do a presentation for my qualification, this one is in front of my class who will know the material better than I do no doubt.
    I have at least one who loves to ask the hard question and another who will roll her eyes when she doesn't get the answer in one second or one syllabil, so tough crowd.

Anyone have any comments I can make to ppl who ask me questions I dont know the answer to?
    I know the 'That's a good question, interesting' and ' I done know but I'll get back to you' ones.

Anything else ppl in the job can suggest ?

TIA

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

A topic within the school curriculum? Like Calculus for 6th years.

Or

A pedagogy topic.. like issues surrounding students with Autism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A topic within the school curriculum? Like Calculus for 6th years.

Or

A pedagogy topic.. like issues surrounding students with Autism

A pedagogy topic, specifically about a type of training design.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Bredabe wrote: »
    A pedagogy topic, specifically about a type of training design.

Its hard to say really, other than you gotta know the material. Maybe guide the topic to where you can anticipate certain questions (leave something out that you can put in during question time)
    They sound like horrible people to be honest, maybe relay your concerns to the course tutor if they're approachable and say your concerned that your colleagues will try to catch you out as they've done it before.
    It's a though one.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭infor123

Could you give some pre-prepared questions to your friends on the course and then when you allow time for questions focus on them and
    Avoid the nastier ones?

Also try suggestion above leave something obvious out that they will pick up on think you forgot and be ready to answer it then.

Advertisement