Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

constructive dismissal

Options
  • 15-01-2019 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hello all

first post here and i would love some feedback.

worked for a well known charity for 5 years, within the last year i have raised alot of problems and ive whistle blown on one of those to a trustee at the centre.

i wont write a big story up as i dont want to bore you but the problems i have raised were

gifts in kind for the centre manager in terms of reduced rent towards onsite flat, proved this wasn't in the interest of the charity paying £150 a month with free gas/elec.

bullying carried out by a manager to another employee.reported to another manager as it would have been a conflict of interest if i reported to my manager about herself.was tucked under the carpet as not only was she being a bully but she also told the employee her wages so she could belittle the employee

reported thefts happening and i was told to mind my own business.

reported to another manager that trustee's were abusing charity assets and using them for another company.

i left my job in november giving no notice as i found the place unbearable as they were really starting to make my life hard and changing the kind of jobs i do that iv never and shouldn't be doing.

i emailed the manager afew days later giving them a SAR request, to see what was really being said about me.

this Saturday it arrived and im shocked to find that in September they were emailing each other trying to work out how they could make me redundant and what to do next....talking about making my job a part time job and then turning it into 2 part time jobs in the hope i left...there is alot of damaging stuff within the SAR report and i would upload a picture but im under 5 posts so i cant.

i have filled with acas and im due to speak to a solicitor on Thursday to see how solid my case is if it was to go all the way to court.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭Homer

Wouldn't be Oxfam would it? They have a big of form for that kind of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gibbo1986

i will write up one of the damaging emails sent from a manager to the head trustee.

hi *******

ive just spoken to *** about the maintenance role, and after discussing with her colleagues her advice is to outsource the role completely, rather then making it part-time . this would be a 'cleaner' approach and would mean we dont have to offer the part-time role to (me).he has recently taken on a second job at weekends which is on a higher rate of pay, so we cant rule out that he may want to stay here to accept the reduction in hours,which would defeat the object of it all.

she also recommends that we ensure we have done the work to identify who the different parts of the role would be outsourced to, and the associated costs.if we were challenged by a union or employment tribunal we'd need to prove that this was a business decision that has been taken after weighing up the costs/benefits and exploring different providers- otherwise it will be obvious that we are using redundancy as a way to manage someone out of the business.

would this decision need to go back to the trustee's if we were looking to outsource the role completely?please note that after 3 months , if we found that outsourcing the entire role isn't working, we can advertise the part-time role anyway and could recruit someone new.we'd just need to wait for 3 months after ( me ) is made redundant.

the other issue is timing -myself and /or *** will need time to look into what maintenance is needed and to contact providers to get costs etc...and i also think it would be inappropriate to move foward this week anyway due to the news ( me ) receiced about his friend yesterday.

iv'e put all of this in an email as it obviously difficult to discuss on the phone without being overheard

yeah and exploiting locals for sexual favours too remember, scumbag company!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 gibbo1986

Homer wrote: »
    Wouldn't be Oxfam would it? They have a big of form for that kind of behaviour.

no its not oxfam....i wont be saying who it is incase it hampers my case

Advertisement