Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes to some Dublin 15 bus services this weekend

• 15-01-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭

A number of bus services in Dublin 15 will switch to Go Ahead this weekend, from Sunday (20th Jan)

Timetable adjustments will see:
    • 220 operate an hourly service, 7 days, up to 10pm approx, between Ladyswell and DCU, operating the same route
    • 239 will operate an hourly service, 7 days, up to 11pm approx, between the shopping Centre and Liffey Valley, operating the same route
    • 236 will get a number of additional services, operates mon-fri
    • Adjustments to the 238 and 270 timetables

Timetables can be found at:https://www.transportforireland.ie/go-ahead-ireland/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

Well, the 238 changes kill my morning commute.

But it's good to see additional services, even though they are an inconvenience for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Why is there such a discrepancy in the first busses from Tyrellstown and Ladyswell Road? First bus in Ttown is before 7 yet the first bus from LR doesn't leave until 8am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Does anyone actually get these buses. i rarely see them around, alot of the time empty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,702 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So they killed the clockface timetable of 270, didn't give us a better frequency, and still have it so that it's useless to try to get to work in the Centre for the top of the hour - unless you're starting at 7/8/9am and have the kind of job you can literally just walk in and start. Thanks, NTA.
    oLoonatic wrote: »
    Does anyone actually get these buses. i rarely see them around, alot of the time empty.

For the 270 at least, a lot of people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Thanks for this OP very helpful.
    Will the go ahead routes be still visible on the live Dublin Bus app ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭thomasj

steo_magra wrote: »
    Thanks for this OP very helpful.
    Will the go ahead routes be still visible on the live Dublin Bus app ?

sadly no, but there are other apps that would use TFI data as opposed to Dublin Bus. For Android, "Next Bus Dublin" is a great app for live data. I find it more user friendly than the Dublin Bus app for RTPI data

Polar101 wrote: »
    Well, the 238 changes kill my morning commute.

But it's good to see additional services, even though they are an inconvenience for myself.

sorry to hear that. would the 220 changes be any more helpful?

LorelaiG wrote: »
    Why is there such a discrepancy in the first busses from Tyrellstown and Ladyswell Road? First bus in Ttown is before 7 yet the first bus from LR doesn't leave until 8am.

It's strange, it doesnt make sense to me. It should be 7 for Ladyswell too at least

oLoonatic wrote: »

Yes. Lots otherwise they'd have been scrapped long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭oLoonatic

Yes. Lots otherwise they'd have been scrapped long ago.

There are plenty of loss making routes. albeit some have gone in fairness. I would imagine the 238 etc are some of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

238 was great until they messed around with it.

I know my parents use to use it to go the center, now they cant, was handy for people in corduff with no car

thomasj wrote: »
    sadly no, but there are other apps that would use TFI data as opposed to Dublin Bus. For Android, "Next Bus Dublin" is a great app for live data. I find it more user friendly than the Dublin Bus app for RTPI data

Are you sure about this ? See below taken from the TFI website

If you regularly travel on these routes your bus now has a brand new look, but much remains the same:

Fares remain unchanged
    TFI Leap Card and Free Travel Pass accepted
    Dublin Bus Rambler as well as Annual and Monthly TaxSaver tickets are valid on these routes
    Daily and weekly bus fare capping will apply

Real Time Information
    Real time information is currently available via the TFI Journey Planner App. Download for free through the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices. Just select the “departures” section of the Journey Planner App for live real time information.

jeffk wrote: »
    238 was great until they messed around with it.

I know my parents use to use it to go the center, now they cant, was handy for people in corduff with no car

I really believe they need to reroute it so it terminates in the Centre again as it used to. They need to do Tyrellstown-Ladyswell Road via Damastown (or alternatively open the roundabout on the Damastown Road so traffic can travel down to Ladyswell Road but I don't think that will ever be a viable option), Mulhuddart Village, Corduff going all the way up Blackcourt Road then down into the shopping centre. That way it catches all of Corduff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭jeffk

I really believe they need to reroute it so it terminates in the Centre again as it used to. They need to do Tyrellstown-Ladyswell Road via Damastown (or alternatively open the roundabout on the Damastown Road so traffic can travel down to Ladyswell Road but I don't think that will ever be a viable option), Mulhuddart Village, Corduff going all the way up Blackcourt Road then down into the shopping centre. That way it catches all of Corduff.

Never was full full, but I doubt ever bus being ran is

But maybe if they do it then will come back to them when people say oh that new company put the 238 back and then people might use them more on other routes or just in general have a better view of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭Polar101

thomasj wrote: »
    sorry to hear that. would the 220 changes be any more helpful?

Yeah, I just need a bus at around 8:20 in the morning (so the 8:15 238 was handy), and now it looks like a 220 at 8:42. And something else on Saturdays.

First day of go ahead and my route is late 20 minutes.
    No traffic between my stop and the departure.
    Happy Days!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Noticed the 220 yesterday was a single decker - reminded me of a slightly bigger "Imp" bus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Noticed the 220 yesterday was a single decker - reminded me of a slightly bigger "Imp" bus!

Yeah seen my first 270 tonight too. How is the same frequency but using half a bus better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

Patww79 wrote: »
    Yeah seen my first 270 tonight too. How is the same frequency but using half a bus better?

Prior to GO Ahead take over of the route they would have been provided Load factors from Dublin Bus, this information would have been used in deciding what vehicles were to be used on the route.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Prior to GO Ahead take over of the route they would have been provided Load factors from Dublin Bus, this information would have been used in deciding what vehicles were to be used on the route.

I'd say that's the official line anyway but unless you put all the extra people that used to be on many packed 270's on the roof of the new one then the numbers aren't adding up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

The sight of all the single deckers around is bringing me back to the good old days alright, the majority of buses I've seen in D15 over the past number of years all being double decker. I had always assumed however that except for peak, it's because that's how Dublin Bus has invested in its fleet rather than capacity at all times. Doubtless there's peak times when you need the double, and it'll be interesting to see how the new schedule works out (I'm assuming Go are as interested and will rotate in DD's as required) but there are also a lot of times that DD's are rolling around with five people on them.

Like any change, there will be disruption; but overall I think change for the better with some proper competition for the tendering of PSO routes saving the taxpayer some money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Nijmegen wrote: »
    The sight of all the single deckers around is bringing me back to the good old days alright, the majority of buses I've seen in D15 over the past number of years all being double decker. I had always assumed however that except for peak, it's because that's how Dublin Bus has invested in its fleet rather than capacity at all times. Doubtless there's peak times when you need the double, and it'll be interesting to see how the new schedule works out (I'm assuming Go are as interested and will rotate in DD's as required) but there are also a lot of times that DD's are rolling around with five people on them.

Like any change, there will be disruption; but overall I think change for the better with some proper competition for the tendering of PSO routes saving the taxpayer some money.

Dublin Bus got rid of most it's single deckers during the recession as they were cutting back the fleet numbers so the single deckers were the first to go to prevent capacity issues due to the cutting back of the fleet. Now the extra buses are being brought back single deckers are too.

Have they made some of the 70's small as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,975 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Have they made some of the 70's small as well?

The 70 is still Dublin Bus operated and remains double deck operated.

Advertisement