Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asking for my son !! FIFA Lagging

Options
  • 15-01-2019 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My son has asked me to ask this question as he is unsure as to the cause...

His FIFA Ultimate Team appears to be constantly lagging (?) as in when he is playing the game it is full of little pauses and wait times. He thought it was the internet, but as it doesn't happen with Fortnite or Call of Duty, is it more likely to be to do with the online server from FIFA?

The game isn't a disc, it's bought online and downloaded so not sure if that helps or hinders.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

I presume he is playing multiplayer online versus other players? If so, this could be the issue as I don't think FIFA uses dedicated servers.

Meaning if he is playing with another player in the EU or even the US, one of the players needs to be the host so you may run into lag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

FIFA ultimate team seems to be heavy on network,

I know my housemate uses wired connection for playing this, most other games are ok on WIFI though.

Check the NAT type on the connection, make sure it's open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Thanks for the replies, will let him know!

Advertisement