Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus and connecting flights

Options
  • 15-01-2019 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Trying to book a flight from Kerry to Birmingham via Dublin, it saved me a 4 hr drive up and m saved me avoiding the m50 and the roadworks on the m7 coming home. Plus when you factor in tolls and what not it’s nearly as cheap to fly from dub.

Anyhow the website doesn’t allow booking a connecting flight like that so I rang the helpline and got through to some man in Manila who also handles the sky helpdesk lol he busted wasn’t bothered about it high up or low down. If I go ahead and book these flights separate I.e. kerry to dub and dub to Birmingham will I still be covered if one leg is delayed and I’m stuck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

No, you won't have any protections at all on separate PNRs

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

adam88 wrote: »
    Trying to book a flight from Kerry to Birmingham via Dublin, it saved me a 4 hr drive up and m saved me avoiding the m50 and the roadworks on the m7 coming home. Plus when you factor in tolls and what not it’s nearly as cheap to fly from dub.

Anyhow the website doesn’t allow booking a connecting flight like that so I rang the helpline and got through to some man in Manila who also handles the sky helpdesk lol he busted wasn’t bothered about it high up or low down. If I go ahead and book these flights separate I.e. kerry to dub and dub to Birmingham will I still be covered if one leg is delayed and I’m stuck

If you search Aer Lingus multi city and it will put kir-dub-bhx under one booking as far as I know. I did it before on dub-man-ork with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Shamrockj wrote: »
    If you search Aer Lingus multi city and it will put kir-dub-bhx under one booking as far as I know. I did it before on dub-man-ork with no problems.

Yes. Just checked. It will allow you book kir-dub-Birmingham but won’t allow the return but I suppose your covered that way if your flight is delayed. That fella on the phone should have told me that. He said I had to book it separately but I knew that couldn’t be right.

Do you reckon if I got through to someone in Dublin that they could rectify it

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭steve-o

Yes. Just checked. It will allow you book kir-dub-Birmingham but won’t allow the return
    The multi trip doesn't allow you to book a "return" journey. So just book it as 2 multi trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Shamrockj

Yes. Just checked. It will allow you book kir-dub-Birmingham but won’t allow the return but I suppose your covered that way if your flight is delayed. That fella on the phone should have told me that. He said I had to book it separately but I knew that couldn’t be right.

Do you reckon if I got through to someone in Dublin that they could rectify it

You would have to make 2 bookings. Kir-dub-bhx and bhx-dub-kir. You could always contact them on Twitter maybe.

• Advertisement
Advertisement