Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cycling destination - late Feb / early March

Options
  • 15-01-2019 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice. We're thinking of taking a week end Feb / early March and doing some cycling. Thinking the Canaries but not sure where else might be an option.

Is that too early for Majorca?

I've cycled Gran Canaria before, wondering how Lanza and Tenerife compare.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

Checkout sportactive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭nilhg

onimpulse wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice. We're thinking of taking a week end Feb / early March and doing some cycling. Thinking the Canaries but not sure where else might be an option.

Is that too early for Majorca?

I've cycled Gran Canaria before, wondering how Lanza and Tenerife compare.

Thanks!

I'm going to Tenerife in a fortnight, never been this time of year before, was there several times at end of Oct but hopefully weather will be OK, seems decent put there at the moment anyway.

I'd imagine Majorca would be iffy weather wise in late Feb/March but you could be lucky.

Never cycled in Gran Canaria, Lanzarote has smaller hills and much more wind than Tenerife

• Registered Users Posts: 8,424 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Going to Lanzarote mid February for the 4th year in a row. Great place for getting miles and elevation in.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've cycled in Tenerife for several years in March. Weather was usually pleasant but arm-warmers and gillet required for descents from altitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Cape Town

• Advertisement
Advertisement