Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aircraft - tow truck

Options
  • 15-01-2019 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know what licence i need for driving an aircraft - tow truck...where would i get training?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

fryup wrote: »
    anyone know what licence i need for driving an aircraft - tow truck...where would i get training?
    With an airline itself or an aviation handling agency. You would need to be an employee of the company

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Yeah that training just isn’t available for guys off the street to try and get. After you get hired, there will be a raft of aviation security training, airside driving, health and safety and more training that you would need to pass. Then the TUG course. Perfectly doable mind you. A good career with decent pay awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭donkey balls

All GSE used apart from fuel & catering trucks + buses normally requires the person to hold a full B license, As the lads have mentioned only way in is either with an Airline or ground handling agent.
    Even if you get in working with either of the above you will start off at the bottom rung of the ladder and have to make your way up before getting trained on the likes of the push back tugs.

Advertisement