Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Income protection on the rocks

• 16-01-2019 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

In my profession it’s impoasibly to get income protection without being with a union. My old one got scrapped because there wasn’t enough subscribers.

My union joined with another union and we fell in with them and were able to sign up to their perks. I joined up to income protection and few months later was diagnosed with ms. Was out of work for a few months but back now and everything is well.

There’s been rumours that the subscription again for the income protection is falling and I’m afraid it may be dropped. No one will touch me with my ms. Are they allowed do this and leave me in a very difficult position ???

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What is your profession? I've never heard of union membership being mandatory for group cover. Most group phi policies will have a continuation option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

What is your profession? I've never heard of union membership being mandatory for group cover. Most group phi policies will have a continuation option.[/quo

I’m a paramedic. It’s a union brokered scheme.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

adam88 wrote: »
    What is your profession? I've never heard of union membership being mandatory for group cover. Most group phi policies will have a continuation option.[/quo

I’m a paramedic. It’s a union brokered scheme.

Ask (THE INSURER) is there a continuation option.

Advertisement