Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir please help .. I have run out of patience and faith

• 16-01-2019 10:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I am moving house and going to live with my daughter
    My eir home phone broadband and mobile package is out of contract, I want to cancel I spent 20 minutes on web chat eventually they told me they couldn’t help
    I called 1901 to cancel , first time I held for 38 mins- lady took my details said please hold and I was cut off.. in my innocence seeing as she had the number I called from I waited for a call back , nothing.
    Second call to 1901 I waited for 1 hour 15 mins, went through all the details , operator was called Pavel , he assured me that once the call was terminated I would get an email with a link to cancel, I double checked e mail and mobile number with him , all was in order, I waited and maybe unsurprisingly ... no e mail ..
    what am I to do . Is this a fraud on eir behalf so that I cannot cancel ? I cannot believe that the operators can’t do a simple job like send a link ?
    I am worried and upset I want to cancel my line, I can’t keep paying for a phone I won’t be using and I just can’t go through this scenario again . Please help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bramblesTitus

My eir home phone broadband and mobile package is out of contract, I want to cancel I spent 20 minutes on web chat eventually they told me they couldn’t help
    I called 1901 to cancel , first time I held for 38 mins- lady took my details said please hold and I was cut off.. in my innocence seeing as she had the number I called from I waited for a call back , nothing.
    Second call to 1901 I waited for 1 hour 15 mins, went through all the details , operator was called Pavel , he assured me that once the call was terminated I would get an email with a link to cancel, I double checked e mail and mobile number with him  , all was in order, I waited  and maybe unsurprisingly ... no e mail ..
    what am I to do . Is this a fraud on eir behalf so that I cannot cancel ? I cannot believe that the operators can’t do a simple job like send a link ?
    I am worried and upset I want to cancel my line, I can’t keep paying for a phone I won’t be using  and I just can’t go through this scenario again . Please help
    I have had a very similar experience. I believe it is a fraud to stop people cancelling. I deliberately choose to turn off voicemails months ago on my phone. Now I am getting voicemails from EIR Reps but no missed calls on my phone so EIR can claim they are trying to contact me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

Second call to 1901 I waited for 1 hour 15 mins, went through all the details , operator was called Pavel , he assured me that once the call was terminated I would get an email with a link to cancel, I double checked e mail and mobile number with him  , all was in order, I waited  and maybe unsurprisingly ... no e mail ..
    I am worried and upset I want to cancel my line, I can’t keep paying for a phone I won’t be using  and I just can’t go through this scenario again . Please help
    Hi there curly from cork,

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    3) Are you the account holder?
    4) Your DOB

5) Your full postal address

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭KingCong

I've had similar experiences on the phone the eir, incredibly frustrating and terrible customer service. There should be laws enforcing a maximum time someone can be left on hold when trying to cancel a product/service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

If you would like to PM me the following account details, I would be more than happy to have a look into this for you.

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    PM sent Kellie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

1) Account number
    2) Account name
    4) Your DOB

~Kellie
    PM sent Kellie
    Thank you curly from cork.

I have just responded to your PM.

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement