Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trying to cancel since the 8th January.

• 16-01-2019 11:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Eir, 

Can You please get in contact, 
    I've spent hours on hold on the phone and web chats trying to get my account fixed. 
    I requested to get a sim only mobile pack from Eir. 
    I never requested to sign up to a new contact or an increased price for Broadband. 

But now I see my Broadband has increased from €40 to €79.95 per month. I also sent a PM yesterday. 
    I'm sick to death of this now. Just want to cancel all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

ocj wrote: »
    Hi Eir, 

Can You please get in contact, 
    I've spent hours on hold on the phone and web chats trying to get my account fixed. 
    I requested to get a sim only mobile pack from Eir. 
    I never requested to sign up to a new contact or an increased price for Broadband. 

But now I see my Broadband has increased from €40 to €79.95 per month. I also sent a PM yesterday. 
    I'm sick to death of this now. Just want to cancel all
    Hi ocj.

Thank you for getting in touch with us here.

I have received your PM and will respond there now.

Thank you.
    -Ahren 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

eir: Ahren wrote: »
    Hi ocj.

Thank you.
    -Ahren 

Thanks for your reply.
    The email address you provided is invalid.
    Can you send me a valid email address?
    Thanks

Hi ocj.

Thank you.
    -Ahren 

Thanks for your reply.
    The email address you provided is invalid.
    Can you send me a valid email address?
    Thanks
    Hi ocj.

I have responded to your PM with an alternative email address.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Well after hours on call waiting and numerous web chats to only get "call 1901"
    I've made some headway, they finally agreed to cancel the mobile service but wouldn't cancel the broadband, 
    Apparently even though they decided to  create a new contract for me when I added a mobile phone (which I didn't want, I wanted it stand alone) They can cancel the mobile under the cooling off period which I had to remind them about. they didn't want to do it at first. But conveniently they revert back to the old contact for the broadband. Humm that's handy for Eir. 
    Not only that they revert back to the old contract but not the old price, so that leaves me paying twice what I was for broadband. 
    So they agreed that on the 31st March my contract would be up and I need to give them 30 days notice, I said consider this your notice, not good enough. It has to be 30 day WTF.
    After all that I had to then go on call waiting again to get the difference of the old and new bill corrected and now I can see they have signed me up to 12 month contract. What are they playing at. 

@Eir please PM to confirm contract

• Advertisement

Well after hours on call waiting and numerous web chats to only get "call 1901"
    I've made some headway, they finally agreed to cancel the mobile service but wouldn't cancel the broadband, 
    Apparently even though they decided to  create a new contract for me when I added a mobile phone (which I didn't want, I wanted it stand alone) They can cancel the mobile under the cooling off period which I had to remind them about. they didn't want to do it at first. But conveniently they revert back to the old contact for the broadband. Humm that's handy for Eir. 
    Not only that they revert back to the old contract but not the old price, so that leaves me paying twice what I was for broadband. 
    So they agreed that on the 31st March my contract would be up and I need to give them 30 days notice, I said consider this your notice, not good enough. It has to be 30 day WTF.
    After all that I had to then go on call waiting again to get the difference of the old and new bill corrected and now I can see they have signed me up to 12 month contract. What are they playing at. 
    @Eir please PM to confirm contract
    Hi ocj.

I will send you a PM now to confirm this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

My friend is in the same situation since before Christmas.
    How does he get in touch?

eagle eye wrote: »
    My friend is in the same situation since before Christmas.
    How does he get in touch?
    You just have to keep calling , It's annoying but web chat can't help

Hi, 

So low and behold, 
    Eir sent a bill for €79.95 after all the communications I had. I got through to billing and they finally credited my account so as to bill for €47 and not €79.95. But guess what Eir have taken €79.95 from my bank. 

Please help here as this billing error was supposed to have been updated on the 18th January after hours of being on call to Eir. 

Hi, 

So low and behold, 
    Eir sent a bill for €79.95 after all the communications I had. I got through to billing and they finally credited my account so as to bill for €47 and not €79.95. But guess what Eir have taken €79.95 from my bank. 

Please help here as this billing error was supposed to have been updated on the 18th January after hours of being on call to Eir. 
    Hi there ocj.

Sorry to hear about this.
    I have received your PM and will respond there now.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Advertisement

Hi, 

So low and behold, 

Hi there ocj.

Sorry to hear about this.
    I have received your PM and will respond there now.

Thank you.
    -Ahren
    Hi Ahren, 

I've replied to your PM now, 
    Thanks

Advertisement