Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping a box to Dubai, UAE. How can I find a reasonable quote?

• 16-01-2019 11:40am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to send a chair from Dublin to Dubai. Box is 21kgs and 77cmx77cm. I've tried a few online places but they are charging hundreds. I'm in no rush I just want it over. Can anyone suggest where I may be able to get this shipped for a more reasonable cost? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Have you tried Parcel2go? It would probably help if you said who you have tried.
    You would also need the 3rd dimension, but a sea freight agent may be your best bet if you’re in no hurry. They can usually quote up to the arrival port.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Parceltogo wont do this size and weight unfortunately.

Where can I get sea freight quotes?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Just google sea freight agent Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭andrewfaulk

whiterebel wrote: »
    Just google sea freight agent Ireland.

Try Horner agencies in Bray or IPS groupage in swords

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

MOD: Moved to courier sub-forum

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Try Horner agencies in Bray or IPS groupage in swords

Thanks I sent both of them an email.Any others worth trying let me know!

Advertisement