Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business 20ft from live Fibre Cabinet but no Fibre available?

• 16-01-2019 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi could you please look into this? I'm currently being told by tech support that my number/address can only handle 20MB broadband, yet I am almost 20m from the nearest live Fibre cabinet according to the Rollout Map. 

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

Morf3h wrote: »
    Hi could you please look into this? I'm currently being told by tech support that my number/address can only handle 20MB broadband, yet I am almost 20m from the nearest live Fibre cabinet according to the Rollout Map. 

Thanks
    Hi there Morf3h.

If you could PM me your eir code I would be happy to check this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

There maybe a cabinet 20m from you but it doesn't mean you are connected to it - you could be connected to another cab a kilometer away.  Cabs are added into an area to support more connections but they won't move existing connections.
    Tech support do a test on the line and the report back is basically spot on for what your line supports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

Fair enough but how can I see a timeline or lobby someone to get the building upgraded? It’s a 6-storey office block in Dun Laoghaire. People are begging the management company to let them use a satellite on the roof. It’s getting ridiculous.

A timeline for what?
    Any existing connections will not be changed, maybe if you asked for a new line you might get connected to the nearer cab but there may not even be any FTTC capacity in the cab or there could already be spare connections there connected to the further cab not being used that would be used instead.

Your only real hope is that they will start the fibre rollout in urban areas soonish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Morf3h

fritzelly wrote: »
    Your only real hope is that they will start the fibre rollout in urban areas soonish.
    Surely that's what the Rollout Map shows? Most of Dublin City is already covered in the green shading, including my area. There are 10 live cabinets within a 1km radius, 2 under construction and another 2 planned!

• Advertisement

Morf3h wrote: »
    fritzelly wrote: »
    Surely that's what the Rollout Map shows? Most of Dublin City is already covered in the green shading, including my area. There are 10 live cabinets within a 1km radius, 2 under construction and another 2 planned!
    Urban FTTH

Advertisement