Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enough connection time at SNN

• 16-01-2019 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

I currently have a flight booked EI 111 departing SNN-JFK at 12:45pm.
    I might book Ryanair flight FR 103 STN-SNN that morning that is scheduled to arrive at 10:30am.
    Is 10:30am-12:45pm, 2 hrs 15 mins enough time for the Aer Lingus flight(no luggage checkin)? It's a bit tight and I wouldn't want the Ryanair flight to be delayed.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Shannon is a very small airport so there is no fear on that front, security is very quick to get through and terminals are all near each other. However you still want to make sure you are giving yourself enough time for US pre-clearance, which is done out of Shannon airport so you can bypass it once you arrive in the US.

Ryanair have no responsibility if you are delayed because of their flight. I've seen many an angry passenger giving out to them for a delay, causing them to miss a connecting flight but as Ryanair didn't deal with the connections they aren't liable.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The gate will probably close 20/30 minutes before the scheduled departure time so you'll have to factor that in as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

The only way to be 99% safe is to fly in the night before.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

VG31 wrote: »
    The only way to be 99% safe is to fly in the night before.

If circumstances allow I'd go for this option as well. I know it's extra cost for a hotel and all that but you've probably laid out a lot of money for the trip already, it would be a shame to potentially miss it because your Ryanair flight got delayed by an hour or 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Make sure you have travel insurance.

Don't Ryanair recommend 3 hours between flights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭VG31

Victor wrote: »
    Make sure you have travel insurance.

I'd be surprised if travel insurance covered a missed flight due to a delayed inbound flight on a separate booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Ryanair don't recommend you use them for connections full stop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Thanks for the replies. I won't take the chance, I just don't trust Ryanair to not mess up my plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

It's not actually a connection - it's 2 stand alone flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Please don’t, dont end up disappointed. The Stansted flight can be very unreliable especially during the summer months with delays ect at STN. Flew on the 111 in 2017 and CBP was also surprisingly long, at least 25 minutes. As stated above, arrive the night before if you can

• Advertisement
Advertisement