Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EDF 5

Options
  • 16-01-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭

Picked this up recently as had a blast playing 4.1

Lots of nice changes, such as extra weapon and equipment slots, weapon advancement and earning weapons for classes you didn't play as (so no more starting from scratch if you change).

Pity about the new in-game song, not as inspirational as 4.1's

Anyone else play it? Looking for some more folks to coop with as none of my friends have any interest.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Always had a blast with these games. Going to hope this comes to PC like the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I was tempted to wait for the PC release too, but since there was about a 2 year gap between the PS4 and PC versions of 4.1 I figured may as well hop in now.

Plus, a kind of side project is coming in April I think that might be pushed more now. EDF: Iron Rain is a more "serious" version of the game using Unreal 4, and pushed more to appeal to Western tastes with less of a B movie aesthetic the rest go for. Plus every trailer has been in fully voiced English (even for Japan) so can assume a quick turnaround for a release over here (or make importing a copy worthwhile).

Advertisement