Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Package has been tampered with? Am I entitled to a replacement?

Options
  • 17-01-2019 3:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I was wondering if I could get some advice regarding this issue, I'm not particularly sure what to do here.

At the end of November, I ordered a Parcel of goods from Square Enix (shop is based in France)for christmas presents which consisted of the following:

A figure
    A tshirt
    2 keychains
    A limited print hardcover book

I received my parcel in early December, but the box was quite beaten up, there was no invoice and the hardcover book was missing. I contacted customer service who took since the end of last year to get back to me (just this morning), and they said it was very likely the book was stolen from the condition of the box and the lack of invoice, that the box weighed as it should from when warehouse logged it, and that I should contact the courier company.(DPD) They also said that there's nothing that they can do for me either. I've already contacted the courier company to get some information, but I'm aware that under EU consumer law, the trader is responsible for the item until the item arrives at its destination and if that doesn't happen I am entitled to a replacement or a refund. Another problem however, is that the book is limited print and it'll be a while before its on sale again making chances that I'll get a replacement pretty slim I imagine. It also may be worth mentioning that the entire transaction was paid through paypal if a chargeback would be necessary.

What should I do here?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Open a paypal dispute. State the facts. You paid for something and didn’t receive it. Get your refund. Move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,544 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It’s absolutely the responsibility of the vendor that you receive what you paid for.

Then engaged the courier to act on their behalf so they should also be chasing that up.

They are fobbing you off, don’t accept it

Advertisement