Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf Post Game Feedback Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Necro wrote: »
    Another note of kudos to you Drummer was your reveal in the OP, I thought it was genius and have duly nominated it for best goodie play (so far anyways)

Ha, yeh Thanks, I had originally planned to type a page of waffle with the notes in it and it just came to me a few mins before lynch. I tried to make it look like an accidental copy onto the post. .... Got all paranoid as the day went on and was convinced there was no way the wolves hadn’t seen it!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Drumpot wrote: »
    I thought it was funny getting help from Batman’s villains in my BR.

All the different dynamics that you had drawn up are impressive.

Is it mean/lazy to ask Mods to use post 2 for kills ? I know you guys are already really busy and this is the last thing you need. It’s more some of these games I find when you are working on your own it’s hard to keep up, with kills , lynches etc. I know I can keep notes but I stopped a while ago as it sort of drove me a bit demented at times ....

Post 2 I actually intentionally asked Baggly to put a placeholder in for as I intended to write it up as we went along. I knew I had a lot of flavor planned but suffice to say It all took a lot to prep at times and yeah my bad should have updated that as we went along. Probably why I did it in my detail after. Cheers btw QB for pasting that in yesterday.

I wrote flavor with those 3 for modkills so it made sense to use them and I gotta say everyone took to the backrooms very well be it chatting to the mods and having fun or with their plans/schemes/actions. Still think the Village got a little lucky Batman never proposed to Catwoman (thats something I never planned to write, just did as I needed a rebalancer but it would have been funny.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You should chuck it into the game summary thread BH, it's a great write up and will be useful for when the Wolfies roll around (presumably we're doing that again lol)

I actually missed your reveal at first, noticed it the first time it was referenced I think and was surprised others didn't atm and instead we got the reveal of a character I hadn't ever even heard of from Batman from Conor. It was a great reveal though, put all you needed to out there. There were actually a lot of roles revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Drumpot wrote: »
    I thought it was funny getting help from Batman’s villains in my BR.

All the different dynamics that you had drawn up are impressive.

Is it mean/lazy to ask Mods to use post 2 for kills ? I know you guys are already really busy and this is the last thing you need. It’s more some of these games I find when you are working on your own it’s hard to keep up, with kills , lynches etc. I know I can keep notes but I stopped a while ago as it sort of drove me a bit demented at times ....

Let's not talk about Phil, he dead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Weird to give feedback on my own game but I would have loved to see how people reacted to QBs approach if she had lived longer. A half rogue trying to cure/protect villagers and shoot rogues! She was more DA than Two Face for sure.

I'm also interested to hear how you'd expected it would be played?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I thought the Two-Face role was great, and Drumpot is right in that he played something similar (Big Pussy) in Sopranos.

The issue is I don't think I'd have been able to trust anyone (not just you QB) claiming the role.

I especially liked the fact though that the mods deigned to let the player decide on how to play it, as there's a couple of different ways it could have gone so fair play in that respect.

In terms of how you played it QB, for me it's hard to cast judgement on a specific play etc unless I've done it before myself so for me you did well!

I would have tried to do the same okay as you QB.

But I still wouldn't have trusted you haha

I never expected full-on trust.

But I thought that if you knew, and gave me a chance to help, then you could at least "park" me as you could always go back to lynching me at a later stage if I wasn't proving useful.

I *really* wanted to hit a wolf with that bullet though. Would that have helped with the trust issue? I wouldn't have though. None of the wolves were really in danger in that regard. It most likely would have gone to Desmond or Conor, and neither would have won me village trust.

I think I just would have been two face and shot, heeled etc whatever. Just try to get as far as possible acting like a NRV as you wouldn't actually know whose on what team and then see what the lay of the land is re timing of an endgame reveal. Unless I could tell the village the game will end on a good day for me and I can swing it for them I'd keep quiet as they would probably turn on me. That's the fun of WW though everyone plays roles differently.

Are you sure you had never had a task in all the games you've played Necro?

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    I never expected full-on trust.

But I thought that if you knew, and gave me a chance to help, then you could at least "park" me as you could always go back to lynching me at a later stage if I wasn't proving useful.

That's kind of what I wanted to do with Harvey from the get go tbh

You should chuck it into the game summary thread BH, it's a great write up and will be useful for when the Wolfies roll around (presumably we're doing that again lol)

Anone know where one might locate this thread ? completely forgot about it

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Are you sure you had never had a task in all the games you've played Necro?

Not on boards, no. I did play a derp on MU with a litany of tasks alright.

My very first game our alpha wolf had tasks for an extra kill though, I duly laid cover for them and got peeked and shot for it though :pac:

Just one thing on the speed game. The offset timing each hour confused me something fierce. Don't know how you could combat that without making the game too long. But worth mentioning.

Great game Necro, fair play for getting all that sorted on your tod. Some amount of work!

tusk wrote:
    Just one thing on the speed game. The offset timing each hour confused me something fierce. Don't know how you could combat that without making the game too long. But worth mentioning.

Not possible. Only way you could do it is start earlier and dedicate a full day to it which may or may not be feasible.

You could theoretically have 30 min days and 30 min nights but the nights really dont need to be that long for a speed game, more important to give the uninformed masses (ie the village) as much possible time to work things out.

Not possible. Only way you could do it is start earlier and dedicate a full day to it which may or may not be feasible.

You could theoretically have 30 min days and 30 min nights but the nights really dont need to be that long for a speed game, more important to give the uninformed masses (ie the village) as much possible time to work things out.

You gave 45 minute days and 10 minute nights.

For tusk's request you could just give 50 minute days and 10 minute nights, and then things would start on the hour. Would lengthen the game by 5 minutes per cycle, but it wouldn't make that much difference.

So day starts "on the hour" (X:00), night 50 minutes later (X:50)
    Next day starts Y:00, etc.

I mean I had the timetable on a spreadsheet beside me so wasn't bothered by it, but tusk's request could be done without making it a whole day thing?

quickbeam wrote:
    For tusk's request you could just give 50 minute days and 10 minute nights, and then things would start on the hour. Would lengthen the game by 5 minutes per cycle, but it wouldn't make that much difference.

Nope. Not possible as I said :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

To be honest, maybe it's a sign of age but I was falling asleep by end game:D It was a big live game tbf so lengthening the day phase wouldn't be ideal IMO opinion. Overall, really enjoyed the game and wouldn't have much in terms of feedback really

Yeah, you’re just old :P

I was glad it was played yesterday instead of today though. Finishing time wasn’t too bad yesterday but would have been late on a school night.

• Advertisement

Would have been a bit shorter of we got our kill order in on time hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Dublinandy2

I enjoyed it, was fun. It would be more fun if there were no backrooms, so even the wolves didn't know who the other wolves were due to the nature of the speed.

I enjoyed it, was fun. It would be more fun if there were no backrooms, so even the wolves didn't know who the other wolves were due to the nature of the speed.

Sort it out Dandy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭duffman13

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, you’re just old :P

I was glad it was played yesterday instead of today though. Finishing time wasn’t too bad yesterday but would have been late on a school night.

Was a school day and school night for me so that's probably why :)

duffman13 wrote: »
    Was a school day and school night for me so that's probably why :)

I'm off for a week and I felt exactly the same duff. Takes a lot out of you

Ah so where to start.

Firstly, I loved the flavour despite my confusion at one point. Nicely written and in keeping with the world in which we played in.

The no roles part was a bit jarring to get used to, not a bad thing just not something I had dealt with before. Made sense with the amount of competitions though.

I really like the Night King conversion mechanic, but I'm a sucker for conversions when they suit the game type in particular (ala Walking Dead, Buffy etc).

Game was handled really efficiently and kudos go to the mods for dealing with the subbing situations so quickly, had the first incident happened in one of my own games despite my experience I may have actually lost my mind. That's all I'm gonna say on that, as Baggly says they've closed their account so best not to dwell on it.

Couple of things I was unsure of - I thought there were too many kill points given to the wolves if I'm completely honest. I get the need to have prizes available I just felt they had too many.
    A munch and a kill on day 2 then 2 kills day 3 was an awful lot for the village to take, as wolves are never gonna hit their own with their perfect info. I find the village does terrible with kill points in general (see day 2 for an example of that, lol) so handing them a couple extra probably would have had the same result, though might have been fairer.

The other thing - and this isn't really a criticism more an observation - phase 2 was unlikely to ever happen with the way the game was set-up. I think if youse wanted it to play out then maybe the Night King's faction should have died alongside the Night King. Call me a sucker but that made sense in the show, he created them all. Might have been poorly executed but sure that's a discussion for another forum.

That being said, I'm glad it didn't as the game was probably better without it. Though the inclusion did have an impact on end game as Ted would likely not have been lynched if he wasn't worrying about it, and fixxxer might have hit another wolf if he wasn't thinking about house loyalties etc. *Shrugs* That's the game though, not a criticism on the mods.

Overall it was highly enjoyable though (evidence being my 800+ posts lol). Thanks for running it guys :) I think it might be one of the last I play though, my posting levels seem to be off-putting to others so it might be best if I take a siesta for a while and let others play without such a high volume poster on board.

(I'm modding for 3 months now anyways, so no decisions yet just how I'm feeling at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

I've been meaning to add my own feedback and Necro's post has prompted me to do it.

Overall, I loved the game. I usually hate conversions but I felt it worked in this case. I loved the flavour in this game as I think it added a lot to the storybuilding element that WW can have. One element that I wasn't a huge fan of was the confusion about whether wolves had a munch & conversion, or whether it was one or the other, or if it was prize based. I think not having perfect information is enough of a challenge for village - having confusing information adds to that. That said it didn't make a massive difference so this is more a point for future mods rather than criticism per se.

And now a bit of feedback that is definitely more general and relates to what Necro said about his own posting. Firstly, on a personal level I have no issue with high posting at all...I may tease a little but I'm impressed by the level of attention Necro gives to a game and quite frankly I'd prefer to play with a high poster than not.

I do think though that we all (and I'm including myself here too) need to be more considerate of other people's playing style. I tend to start slow and then increase my posting as I have more info to work off. Some write many short posts, others write fewer long ones. Some people have more time to give to the game than others. In general I think having a good mix is a good thing and I'd hate to see anyone not playing because they feel their style is unwelcome.

I think it might be one of the last I play though, my posting levels seem to be off-putting to others so it might be best if I take a siesta for a while and let others play without such a high volume poster on board.

Heresy! Don't be talking such nonsense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Phase 2 was as much to make you worry about phase 2 as it was meant to be played out. Lots of ye pointed out phase 2 was irrelevant on N0, but alas not everyone agreed. It was half potential cool political twist, half anti-role claim mechanic (and we had backup role claim mechanics anyway). I enjoyed it anyway :D

• Advertisement

Baggly wrote: »
    Phase 2 was as much to make you worry about phase 2 as it was meant to be played out. Lots of ye pointed out phase 2 was irrelevant on N0, but alas not everyone agreed. It was half potential cool political twist, half anti-role claim mechanic (and we had backup role claim mechanics anyway). I enjoyed it anyway :D

I suspected as much :D Can't convince everyone of that though :pac:

Advertisement