Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm A Celebrity Werewolf - Get Me Out Of Here!!! (Feb Werewolf Game) SIGN UP THREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

And now for the prospective mentors to jockey for position..... :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Whiplashy wrote:
    I'd like a mentor please. It'd be great to get some advice from someone who knows what they're doing.

I'll offer my services, Whiplashy if you'll have me :) I've actually realised after coming to work I've a metric sh1t tonne of work on that week that would probably impact me playing, but not the mentoring aspect as I won't have to follow as closely.

But if you want to go with someone else that's fine too!

Oooh this could be like the judges on The Voice

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

I'm happy to mentor if another is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Necro wrote: »
    I'll offer my services, Whiplashy if you'll have me :) I've actually realised after coming to work I've a metric sh1t tonne of work on that week that would probably impact me playing, but not the mentoring aspect as I won't have to follow as closely.

But if you want to go with someone else that's fine too!

Thank you Necro, that would be great :)

• Advertisement

I'm available and for similar reasons to Necro dont mind mentoring instead of playing.

Id suggest this be a game mod decision in fairness to the new players. They can see the full picture of what they need for their game.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

If some of those who have volunteered want to play, is there any reason why one mentor couldn’t mentor more than one mentee?

quickbeam wrote: »
    If some of those who have volunteered want to play, is there any reason why one mentor couldn’t mentor more than one mentee?

It would influence their advice if they know the roles of multiple players Id imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Kolido wrote: »
    I'm happy to mentor if another is needed

Me , please ?

It could be a decision you regret though :o

Depending on the roles they have it might be tricky. But if the advice is general and separated between three rooms then it would be manageable imo.

I'm happy to mentor all three of our new players if necessary and leave the field with only the net loss of one player :)

• Advertisement

Folks, decisions are being made here that impact the game. I would suggest contacting the game mods first before proceeding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'm in for 10th or 17th - if there's still room in the den........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It would influence their advice if they know the roles of multiple players Id imagine.

Thats the main reason. Though its something Ive thought of.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Me , please ?

It could be a decision you regret though :o

Now we're talking about the game and not bin day, right? :D

I'm good with this if the mods are.

Pter wrote: »
    I'm available and for similar reasons to Necro dont mind mentoring instead of playing.

Id suggest this be a game mod decision in fairness to the new players. They can see the full picture of what they need for their game.

We know the players who have put their hat into the ring to be mentors.

I shall contact those players needed when the time is right.

crosstownk wrote: »
    I'm in for 10th or 17th - if there's still room in the den........

Welcome.

Sign ups will be open until the Sat before the game starts. Which looks like the 17th thus far, so until the 16th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,948 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Now we're talking about the game and not bin day, right? :D

I'm good with this if the mods are.

Forgot today was Tuesday ;)

Yeah, of course - this all subject to game mod approval of course. Don't wanna be impacting on any plans you folk have. But it suits me better to mentor tbh, I'm training for new stuff all through Feb and possibly March. Unlikely to be able to play properly till that finishes up but mentoring won't require as much work in following the game (although of course I still will)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have been getting dagger eyes all day from mentioning all the new blood in the next game and how fun that would be to play, so stick me down as a mentor/sub, I'm not brave enough for a full signup :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    After discussion with my co mods, we are happy to roll with Mentors for any new players.

If any new players would wish to be taken under the wing of an experienced player, it can be arranged.

Alternatively you can do without and learn as you go. The choice is purely up to you.

If you chose to have a mentor, a new player will be supplied with a secret backroom that only they, their mentor and teh game mods have access to. In this room the Mentor will coach and lead a new player as best they can. The mentor will not be part of the game themselves.

Liz, Whiplash and MO4, if you'd like a mentor, just ask.

tenor.gif?itemid=10560281

That would be great but I do not want anyone to lose out, miss playing the game

• Advertisement

Advise should be unbiased regardless. I imagine mentoring as being along the lines of explaining FFAs or in jokes about almanacs or countdown clocks, rather than advise on who to lynch, munch, peek, shoot, protect etc. I could see one mentor helping players even if they were on different teams if they were doing it properly to start with.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    tenor.gif?itemid=10560281

That would be great but I do not want anyone to lose out, miss playing the game

GIFfing is an integral part of the game so you’re already catching on. Well done ;)

Actually, the post Pter gave to Teddy in CoP last game was a perfect mentor intro.

Advise should be unbiased regardless. I imagine mentoring as being along the lines of explaining FFAs or in jokes about almanacs or countdown clocks, rather than advise on who to lynch, munch, peek, shoot, protect etc. I could see one mentor helping players even if they were on different teams if they were doing it properly to start with.

All of this is true - but we all know there can be slips. Only way to ensure no info gets leaked is to make sure the mentor doesnt have the info!

Yeah thats a fair point. I suppose if the advice is that general, mentors dont need to know a players role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Would you prefer to eat 25 stick insects or 2 slugs?

Yeah thats a fair point. I suppose if the advice is that general, mentors dont need to know a players role.

See, id think the advice does need to be role specific if they have a role. What good would a mentor be if he couldnt discuss a role you had been assigned?

sKeith wrote: »
    Would you prefer to eat 25 stick insects or 2 slugs?

Youll probably have that choice soon.....

Pter wrote: »
    See, id think the advice does need to be role specific if they have a role. What good would a mentor be if he couldnt discuss a role you had been assigned?

Another fair point. Which brings me back to the original point. Would be difficult to mentor multiple players and know their roles, especailly if they are on different teams and it gets near the end and they are all still in the game.

• Advertisement

Difficult, not impossible.

The issue is that if there is a slip, it would jeopardise (potentially) a role and thus the balance of the village. It would only be an issue if something went wrong.

Potentially could also be an issue if your mentee asked you a question knowing you are mentoring other players, and you refused to respond, and they read into that. You know how that goes in game.....

Advertisement