Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contract ending - address for cease service letter.

• 17-01-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭

Hi eir reps,

Maybe a daft question but I'm nearing the end of my contract and do not want to renew or extend my service. I understand I have to give 30 days notice and will do this in writing.  

The switch/cease page on the eir website (here) has an address for the switchers team when switching providers but little detail for ceasing service with no address shown. Is the same address used for both or what is the correct address to use?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭eir: Kellie

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Hi eir reps,

Maybe a daft question but I'm nearing the end of my contract and do not want to renew or extend my service. I understand I have to give 30 days notice and will do this in writing.  

The switch/cease page on the eir website (here) has an address for the switchers team when switching providers but little detail for ceasing service with no address shown. Is the same address used for both or what is the correct address to use?

Thanks.
    Hi there CDBWhoop,

I am sorry to hear that you are looking to leave us.

The link you have provided has a template for this letter, this would be sufficient for ceasing an account.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Hi there CDBWhoop,

The link you have provided has a template for this letter, this would be sufficient for ceasing an account.

~Kellie

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for the reply. That letter template says it is for switching. Just so I'm clear, does it matter and is this the same one to use for closing/ceasing?

After sending, can I expect a confirmation email/letter confirming receipt and the date of closure? Sorry for all the questions but just want to avoid any problems.

Thanks.

Hi there CDBWhoop,

~Kellie

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for the reply. That letter template says it is for switching. Just so I'm clear, does it matter and is this the same one to use for closing/ceasing?

After sending, can I expect a confirmation email/letter confirming receipt and the date of closure? Sorry for all the questions but just want to avoid any problems.

Thanks.
    Hi there CDBWhoop,

No problem at all. Yes, you are correct, you can use this template for either switching or ceasing an account.

It has been recently pointed out that there were 2 different addresses listed on our cancellation process link here. The correct address to send the letter to is the one listed on the website, not on the template.

We apologise about this and are getting this updated.

~Kellie

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

That's great, thank you.

That's great, thank you.
    No problem, CDBWhoop.

~Kellie

• Advertisement
Advertisement